The City of Launceston, an award winning Employer of Choice, is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Parking Officer
Position Number: POS1319
In this permanent, full time position, working a 9-day fortnight, you work as part of a small team patrolling the Council-owned parking meters and car parks. Some patrolling of suburban areas and communications room assistance is also required.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates, through behaviour, an alignment and an understanding of our values and has the following skills and qualifications:
- High level of fitness and able to patrol all kinds of terrain for extended periods, over long distances
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Basic computer skills and be able to adapt to using technology in the workplace
- Current Working with Vulnerable People registration
- “C” class drivers licence
If you are interested, for further information and instructions on how to apply please go to the employment page of our website at www.launceston.tas.gov.au and download the Employment Information Pack for this position.
For further information, please contact Geoff Stick, Team Leader Parking on 03 6323 3321.
To apply, please address your application to People and Culture clearly stating the position number and send to [email protected] or complete the online application on our website, attaching all requested documentation.
Your application should include a Cover Letter, your current Resume and a statement addressing the Highlighted Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description section of the Employment Information Pack. You must address the Selection Criteria to be eligible for interview.
Applications must be received by 3:00pm, Friday, 17 September 2021