Australia Post is one of Australia’s most trusted service providers. Coming up to our busy peak period, we are seeking expressions of interest to work at Welshpool on a casual and temporary basis.
Want to work in a role with a great lifestyle that’ll help you keep fit? You’ll start work early in the morning, afternoon or night manually sorting mail and enjoying a chat with your teammates around you.
For us, an engaging, enjoyable workplace is the foundation for great work. Which is why your attitude and your passion is just as important to us as your experience.
About the role
• You will be sorting parcels and mail (manually or machine-assisted) with use of scanners
• You enjoy a physical role where you are able to lift parcels up to 16kg in weight and possess good memory, speed, accuracy, and commitment to meeting service standard deadlines in the preparation of parcels for dispatch and receipt
• You are safety conscious and able to safely operate equipment such as conveyors, loading/lifting devices including pallet jacks to load and unload parcels from trucks and vans
• You enjoy a fast paced environment where you can complete and maintain parcel processing records and documentation associated with special services and bulk parcel lodgements
• You are safety conscious and can demonstrate appropriate Occupational Health and Safety practices in the workplace
To be successful, you will need to have these essential requirements
• Must be able to lift up to 16kg of mail on a repetitive basis
• Be able to stand for the duration of your shift
• Have ability to work safely in a fast paced environment
• Handle parcels that may contain meat and/or alcohol products
• Be available for full time hours, Monday to Friday
• Availability to commence September and work through till January 2021
• Great attitude and must be reliable
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility to assist with different duties as required by the facility
The Australia Post Philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and those with a disability.
If you are looking to secure work up until January 2022 and want to work for one of Australia’s most respected organisations, please submit your expression of interest today!