Job Location: Sydney North Shore & Northern Beaches
Employer: Compasscorp Pty Ltd
Primus Law is a nationally practising firm specialising in litigation and debt recovery within the field of loss of use (credit hire) and motor vehicle property damage.
Primus Law is looking for a driven, goal oriented and passionate person who embodies our values to work as part of our tight-knit VIC team.
We are looking for team players who:
- Exhibit care and passion in pursuing exceptional outcomes for our clients.
- Are courageous in going that extra mile to negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Take ownership of their matters and always act with total integrity in your dealings with our clients and our opponents.
- Demonstrate the critical thinking and creativity necessary to constantly improve and develop.
The Paralegal role is a full-time role. You will be based in our Brooklyn office and will work partially in the office and partially from home.
You will be responsible for your own file portfolio. Your role will be to issue proceedings in the Magistratesâ€™ Courts of Victoria and Queensland, effect service upon the Defendant, negotiate settlement and apply for Default Judgements and Warrants for Seizure and Sale of Property. Upon receipt of a Defence, you will hand the file to a Solicitor. You will also assist the Solicitors as required, such as making calls and drafting documentation.
We are looking for talented individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Understanding of loss of use and credit hire law
- Experience as a Paralegal
- Issuing Complaints and Statements of Claims in the Magistratesâ€™ Courts
- Drafting court documentation
- Negotiating commercial settlements;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team; and
- Ability to manage own file portfolio.
Please follow the link on the page to submit your CV for review