Overhead Crane Mechanic
Company: Sparrows Services Australia Pty Ltd
The primary responsibility is to carry out mechanical repair, inspection and testing adhering to client specifications.
- The incumbent is required to work offshore. Prior to travelling offshore the incumbent would receive a Work Pack relating to the nature of the job. Direct contact with the base should always be maintained, giving an up-to-date report on the job situation.
- Responsible for carrying out mechanical repairs adhering to client specifications as detailed on the relevant Job Card or Standing Instructions issued by the relevant Project Engineer.
- Carry out Inspections adhering to client specifications or to Sparrows Inspection procedures and guidelines as detailed in the relevant workpack/ site instruction issued by the relevant Project Engineer.
- Carry out testing of equipment adhering to client specifications or to Sparrows testing procedures and guidelines as detailed in the relevant workpack/ site instruction by the relevant Project Engineer.
- The incumbent is required to work onshore. All work will be directed by the relevant Project Engineer or Hydraulics manager. The work will be carried out adhering to client specifications as detailed on the relevant Job Card, Site Instruction or Standing Instructions.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through effective customer service, technical assistance and prompt after sales service.
- Liaise with Technical Support Group for technical input / assistance.
- Being a Company Representative is required to carry out his duties safely and diligently.
- Responsible for maintaining the workshop equipment and associated tooling in good order at all times.
- Required to participate fully with the Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems of Sparrows Services.
- Responsible for Company equipment. Equipment is to be operated and maintained correctly; defects must be reported and where possible, rectified.
Level 3 mechanical/Hydraulic Maintenance Engineering certificate
Working at heights awareness