Operations Manager – Technical Hydraulics / Hose & Fittings
Job Location: Perth Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
Employer: Total Connections
This is an excellent long term opportunity for an experienced tradesperson to join a professional and progressive hydraulics, hose & fittings company with a history of sustained growth.
Total Connections is a well-established business with branches in Port Hedland, Perth & Kalgoorlie.
Our core business is hydraulic hose & fittings and related hydraulic services. We offer fire suppression, crane servicing, cylinder & hydraulic repairs. We service the mining, drilling, government, transport, fuel, construction markets and more.
A full-time position is available in our Bibra Lake Branch for an experienced Operations Manager/Hydraulic Technician. This is is a diverse role with a large scope for hydraulic fault diagnostic field work, mechanical maintenance, fire suppression and crane servicing. Workshop supervision and mentoring is the key. We are seeking a leader to sustain team satisfaction & accomplishment.
To be successful in this role you will effectively communicate across a broad range of circumstances; key account development, interacting with customers, suppliers, local staff and other branches. You will be able to work autonomously when required and have strong communication and technical skills. You will require a “can do” attitude and at all times demonstrate professionalism and attention to detail both technically and administratively.
As well as leadership ability and technical competence you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated knowledge of mine site and workshop occupational health and safety systems and procedures.
Your main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Planning for and supervision of a workshop / warehouse
- Effective leadership
- Manage key customer accounts
- Hydraulic fault diagnosis and quote preparation
- Stripping, resealing, rebuilding, testing & commissioning of hydraulic cylinders & systems
- Documentation of jobs, time sheets & related paperwork
- Work proactively with clients to maintain relationships and ongoing work
- Lead, innovate and support day to day running of the branch to ensure smooth operation
- Customer service (workshop)
- Preventative/predictive maintenance programs
Your experience, skills and qualifications will demonstrate:
- A vast knowledge of and experience with hydraulic hose and fittings
- Ability to plan, schedule and organise workload
- Computer literacy – Microsoft, ERP
- Experience with managing a team
- Results driven, high energy
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Legible handwriting
- Integrity and honesty
- Company loyalty and team results
- MR Licence
- A mechanical or trade background
- Fire suppression experience
- Hydraulic experience
Benefits & perks:
Attractive salary package commensurate with experience. Collaborative team environment. Enjoy & develop your career with an established and professional organisation. Ongoing training.
Click on the Apply Now button NOW and upload your Cover Letter and current Resumé.