On-Site Maintenance Coordinator
Job Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Employer: Mine + Tunnel Constructions Pty Ltd
$90,000 – $120,000
Mine & Tunnel Constructions is a well established Australian company that has serviced the Australian and international mining and tunnelling sectors for over 15 years.
We are a large supplier of hire equipment to the underground coal mining industry.
MTC has been awarded a contract to supply Continuous Miners to Wollongong Coal’s Russell Vale Colliery.
We are seeking an someone with relevant experience to coordinate the maintenance for our equipment on site to ensure maximum availability.
This is a full time position based on site at Russell Vale Colliery.
Qualifications & experience
- Mechanical or Electrical Trades qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a supervisor in a similar role
- Minimum 5 years experience as a tradesman working in an underground coal environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonnal skills
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Word, Excel and project planning software
- Knowledge of underground equipment and machinery, in particular 12CM12 Continuous miners, and mining processes.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Manage Company’s on-site assets to ensure maximum equipment availability
- Ensure all servicing and maintenance on Company plant and equipment is serviced and maintained in accordance with Company safety requirements, Standard Work Procedures, Management systems and JSA’s.
- Confirm all plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with the required standard for specific equipment by following documented repair procedures and manufacturers recommendations.
- Participate in the development of equipment maintenance plans for increasing availability, improving reliability and reducing maintenance costs.
- Inspect the quality of parts and materials issued from the stores to confirm they meet the required standard(s) and are suitable, prior to installation.