Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Company: Metro Trains Melbourne
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Metro Trains, delivery partner of the North Western Program Alliance is currently seeking a Occupations Coordinator to join the team supporting the delivery of a large-scale infrastructure project in the outer South Eastern Suburbs (Pakenham Region) as part of the Level Crossing Removal Project. These projects benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists, drivers and the wider community by improving safety, reducing road congestion, and enabling more frequent train services.
About the Role:
A integral role in the successful planning & delivery of a project the Occupations Coordinator takes responsibility for ensuring that MTM’s standards, policies and procedures relating to rail access are adhered to, whilst ensuring the safe management of all people visiting or traversing the Rail Corridor, including the general public and equipment whilst working. A key focus area is assisting the Occupation Manager in the implementation of the Occupation Management process; ensuring timely booking, safe and efficient utilisation of all track occupations by working closely with all relevant stakeholders and striving for best for business optimisation of the Program Alliance and MTM.
This is a existing full time position and will be primarily based on projects in the outer South Eastern Suburbs. Your role will require you to be available for rail Occupations (where the rail network is shut down for construction activities to safely take place), Occupations can take place at night, weekends or, public holidays.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Alliance and MTM to secure occupation dates that meet both parties’ requirements.
- Work closely with other Occupation & Project Management team members to ensure all Occupations are tracked, published correctly and distributed effectively and meet the requirements to undertake planned works.
- Chair meetings with the Alliance to track progress and ensure all Works Readiness deliverables directly relating to the Occupation are achieved according to timelines.
- Support the Occupation Manager and when required chair/minute occupation coordination forums including weekly workgroup reviews, site walks, Visualisation board reviews, lessons learnt and alike.
- Ensure all accepted Occupation applications are ‘Requested’ accurately and in a timely manner using the MTM Access and Resource Management System (ARMS); adhering to strict deadlines and attention to detail.
- Work with Rail Safety Manager to ensure all associated safe-working is requested and coordinated for each occupation.
- Manage access permits and coordinate the requirements for all required occupations, including where applicable, Overhead, Signals, Substation and Track personnel, as well as all other relevant compliance personnel.
- Produce occupation coordination documents i.e. Occupation Works Guide, operational readiness plans, workgroup site plan, occupation schedule and shift plans using MS software and alike.
- Provide advice and assistance to the project delivery teams for the development, review of delivery strategies and provide advice and guidance on the impact that occupations are likely to have on train operations.
- Previous exposure to the railway Industry will be looked upon favourably.
- Previous experience in the coordinating documentation for multiple teams.
- High level of experience in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Strong safety focus and a willingness to promote a safe working culture.
- Excellent oral and written communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve both technical and general issues with all stakeholders.
- Strong time management and adherence to meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Understanding the importance of interfacing with colleagues on a common project with a ‘best for business’ approach to problem solving and prioritizing.
Why work for Metro?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you’ve developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Applications close Sunday 26th of September 2021
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.