Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Onemda Association
Occupational Therapy – Doncaster East
Are you a passionate Occupational Therapist wanting to use your skills to help enable people with disabilities? Then come and join our fantastic team at Onemda!
- Supportive MDT working
- Regular clinical and peer supervision
- Flexible working between office and at home
- Flexible working hours
- Dynamic caseload
- Loads of PD and research opportunities
- Salary packaging options
At Onemda we dedicate every day to â€œenriching the lives of people with disability through education, therapy and supportâ€. We offer a unique integrated learning and therapeutic service model and work holistically to achieve each participantâ€™s wellbeing, social and educational aspirations.
Our highly skilled Allied Health Team offer a range of individually tailored one-to-one therapy services aimed at supporting the unique therapeutic needs of people with disability. We provide a holistic approach to therapy with qualified and friendly staff to help determine the needs and goals of each participant and tailor a unique therapy program.
Onemda is proud to offer the highest quality Therapy Services through the use of our new purpose-built Therapy Centre including warm water therapy pool, fully accessible gymnasium and modern treatment spaces. We also offer a mobile service travelling across our Onemda campuses, as well as home and community visits and flexible service delivery options such as telehealth.
At Onemda we are committed to employing the latest advances in therapy, assistive technology and evidence-based practice to enrich the lives of people with disability. The Onemda Research and Innovation Centre is a testament to our progressive mindset and our commitment to implementing the latest technology and service delivery innovations into practice.
The Allied Health Team currently includes occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech pathologists, exercise physiologists and allied health assistants. As a part of the multidisciplinary team, you will actively manage a diverse and challenging clinical caseload of predominantly young adults ranging from mild intellectual disability through to multiple and profound physical and intellectual disability. You will deliver a holistic, participant centered and flexible therapy programs, supporting our participants and their families to achieve their goals.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
In this role, you will deliver a holistic, participant centered and flexible therapy program, supporting our participants and their families to achieve their goals. Key functions include:
Assessment and Intervention
- Provide clinical assessment of participantsâ€™ occupational performance, physical, social, assistive technology and communication needs.
- Support participants and their families to identify and prioritise goals and provide intervention to enable them to maximise their outcomes.
- Joint work within the MDT to implement interdisciplinary treatment goal plans.
- Document all therapy intervention in accordance with AHPRA and OTA guidance.
- Complete detailed reports for assessments and interventions
Personal and Service Development
- Participate in weekly team training and peer support sessions.
- Participate in quality improvement projects.
- Participate and drive research and development projects.
- Support the Operations Manager with team management and service growth.
- Supervise students and therapy assistants
- This is an ideal role for new graduates or therapists with up to 1-2 years experience
- Current AHPRA registration and eligibility for membership with Occupational Therapy Australia.
- Qualifications, skills and experience relevant to the position description.
- Demonstrated knowledge of varied allied health team professional roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of family centered approaches.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your CV and cover letter including two professional referees to People and Culture Manager at [email protected]
Applications close Friday 26th November 2021.
A full position description can be obtained on our website at www.onemda.com.au
123 Andersons Creek Road, Doncaster East
Onemda is an equal opportunity employer.