Occupational Therapist (NDIS/HCP)
Job Location: Sydney Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Organization: MC Occupational Therapy
MC Occupational Therapy provides services to a range of clients and their advocates where services are primarily driven by occupational therapists, physiotherapist, psychologists, personal trainers, and builders.
I as the director and occupational therapist have extensive industry experience in both government and private practice stemming over 12 years. The reputation of MC Occupational Therapy in the health and disability industry has fortunately led to expansion.
We are looking for an occupational therapist who will work for MC Occupational therapy in its growth. The primary services are mobile (no office) and support homecare/My Aged Care clients, National Disability Insurance Agency clients, and Family and Community Services. This role is largely on a contractual basis, and permits you to have complementary employment elsewhere. In addition it allows you to be independent, and make a mark for yourself as an occupational therapist amongst a well-experienced team.
Roles and responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Assessment of clients with disabilities, medical conditions and other barriers to independence and participation. This may include observations, functional capacity assessments, range of movement assessments, standardised assessments, questions to the client/nominee/advocate, and group conferences;
- Evaluate a client’s home/living environment, workplace, and other environments accesses to identify potential improvements with equipment, assistive technology and/or modifications;
- Facilitate trials of equipment such as wheelchairs and other mobility aids, equipment for transfers, transport vehicles, daily living aids, furniture such as hospital beds and riser chairs;
- Facilitate assessments with builders/tradesman to identify reasonable and necessary modifications to improve access, promote independence, and support the care support network. This may include initial, progress and final evaluation visits and records for access ramps, rails, and complex bathroom modifications.
What we offer (but not limited to)
- Compensation percentage based on industry experience with higher than standard rates.
- There will be plentiful opportunities for job shadowing, case conferences, and peer reviews to ensure a smooth orientation and learning process into the MC Occupational Therapy team.
- Networking opportunity with key industry stakeholders.
- Mid-yearly performance review with the potential for career development “Complex Home Modifications”-enrolment.
- Experience completing comprehensive assessments for client’s with disabilities and medical conditions.
- Experience and clinical judgement with assistive technology as well as modifications to dwellings.
- Proficient English language skills including report writing and email.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- First Aid certificate (current).
- National Criminal Record Check (within two years).
- Working with Children Check (within two years).
- NDIS worker screener check (can facilitate this).
- Drivers licence.
- Registered vehicle.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Occupational Therapy (nationally recognised).
- Australian Health Professional Registration Agency (AHPRA) accreditation.
Ideal but not required
- OT Australia accreditation.
- Culturally and linguistically diverse therapists.
Check us out at http://mcoccupationaltherapy.com.au/