Occupational Therapist – Grade 1
Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Access Health and Community
Join our highly experienced, supportive and expanding occupational therapy team for adults 18 years and over. We are seeking a dynamic Grade 1 Occupational Therapist with excellent clinical skills and enthusiasm to work in our community-based multidisciplinary team. With a variety of case mix including aged care and complex disability, this is an opportunity for professional growth and development, with scope for new programs, in a role which will be highly rewarding for an enthusiastic occupational therapist.
This position provides a great opportunity to develop clinical skills within the area of community health services, including assessment and prescription of assistive technology, home modifications, independent living skills training and carer/staff training.
We are an innovative, supportive and friendly OT team and have a proven culture of success, diverse skills and experience and with a strong clinical supervision structure. If you are passionate about OT, have great communication skills, love sharing knowledge and a positive attitude you will love working with us. This position will be based at our Hawthorn office, however it may require travel to other sites across the organisation.
- Provide comprehensive home assessment; specialist recommendations regarding assistive technology and home modifications; holistic client/carer support and education.
- Work with eligible clients including HACC, CHSP, My Aged Care, Home Care Package recipients, NDIS
- Work with our diverse community and disadvantaged groups
- Contribute to the delivery of practical placements and supervision of Occupational Therapy students
- Engage with the community and external stakeholders to develop our service
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (or equivalent) and hold current registration with AHPRA
- Experience and knowledge in either Aged care or Disability sectors highly valued
- SWEP registration (Green, Amber or Red)
- Meets the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
Culture & Benefits
People love working at Access Health & Community because we offer:
- Strong supervision framework
- Commitment to ongoing Professional Development
- Positive team culture
- Generous salary packaging opportunities
- Commitment to work-life balance
- COVID safe working arrangements that include flexible work from home, established telehealth work practices, comprehensive IT support, and focus on staff wellbeing and health
- Opportunity to purchase paid parental leave
- Paid parental leave
- Annual leave loading
COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
In line with the Access COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Victorian Government’s Public Health Order, it is a mandatory condition of employment for a successful applicant to provide Access with evidence of their Covid-19 Vaccination prior to appointment.
Please submit your application through Seek including your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Please refer to the position descriptions on the website for the key selection criteria and further information: https://accesshc.org.au/careers/.
Applications Close: COB Friday November 26, 2021
About Access Health & Community
We are a not for profit community health organisation operating in sixteen locations across Melbourne. With caring at our centre, our mission is to build healthier lives together with our communities and deliver excellent health services for all. AccessHC delivers medical, health and community services for all ages. We employ over 300 employees across Eastern Melbourne.
Access Health and Community is a Child Safe Organisation
Access Health and Community is committed to protecting the health and safety of our workers and those who attend our services. As per Access policy and the Victorian Government public health order, successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their COVID Vaccination prior to appointment.
Access Health and Community is a provider of disability services. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a NDIS Screening Check and if necessary, an International Police check prior to any appointment.
Access Health and Community actively encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples and people from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background
Occupational Therapy Manager