Network Engineer in an ISP
Job Location: Brisbane Western Suburbs & Ipswich
Organization: Managed Solutions
Managed Solutions is a business technology provider with around 50 staff based in Ipswich and with an office in Taringa. We provide a range of managed services as well as internet connectivity, voice, data, communications and electrical.
Our internet team – Managed Solutions Internet – provides ISP services to our business, corporate and education clients including connectivity, web and server hosting in datacentres, network design and support to our MSP technical team and directly to our clients.
Our environment is primarily Mikrotik, Ubiquiti, HP, Fortigate, and systems on Linux (Cpanel, ubuntu, centos, etc) as well as the usual mix of other client equipment such as cisco, Sophos, SonicWALL, etc. We support the networking for the private clouds of our MSP clients running on Hyper-V and VMware.
We are a friendly and focused team working in a very adaptable and cooperative environment with great coffee, breakfast and lunch served daily! All we need now is for you to contribute your technical know-how, cooperative personality, and commitment to getting things done.
The role is primarily networking with potentential opportunity to work on a range of projects across the services that we offer.
Your new role:
- Configuration and support of wireless, routers and switches across our and our clients’ national networks including Cisco, Ubiquiti, HP and Mikrotik
- Escalation and liaison with suppliers and service providers to resolve critical outages
- Ensure relevant documentation is created and published to enable the support and maintenance of all data networking systems under our care
- Establishment and maintenance of support tools, instructions, supporting documentation to maintain data communication services and to enable Level 1 support
- Provide valuable input affecting the outcome of business and infrastructure projects and relating data network services
- Oversee tasks performed by junior staff relating to support issues or project work
- Provide mentoring and escalation assistance to IT Engineering team
You bring to the role:
- Usual networking knowledge around routing and switching hardware: configuration, troubleshooting and support
- Exposure to routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- QoS and VPNs
- Enthusiasm and an eagerness to embrace new technologies and systems
- Design, plan and supervise new builds including stakeholder negotiation
- Experience with virtualisation, storage, high availability, network management and configuration desirable
Our company focus is on the simplicity of design and replicability to ensure client networks stay online and are maintainable.
Your enthusiasm will be worth much to us and your desire to learn and participate will be welcomed. If you do not have formal qualifications, we can work with you to make that happen.