Job Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Yancoal Australia Ltd
Location: Camberwell, NSW, 2330
About the Business
Yancoal Australia is Australiaâ€™s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
The Mining Engineer will report to the Senior Mining Engineer and join the Ashton Technical Services Department. Some of the regular tasks for the Mining Engineer will include:
- Mine budgeting and reforceasting
- Site medium to long term planning
- Strata monitoring
- Life of Mine Reporting
- Principal Hazard Management Plan reviews
- Project work
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mining Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Mining Engineer position
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Underground Coal Mining
- A sound understanding of responsibilities in relation to the Work Health and Safety (Mines & Petroleum) Act and Regulations
- Confident in using Xpac Mine Scheduling and AutoCAD software
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Highly developed written communication skills
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Education Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Flexible Work Arrangements
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Applications close Friday, 17 December 2021.