Mid Interior Designer / Architect
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Studio Equator Pty Ltd
Studio Equator is a multi-disciplinary design agency committed to developing our clients projects through collaborative, engaging and measurable design solutions. We are passionate about our craft and telling a story through design. We have an innate understanding of blending art and function across the hospitality, retail, commercial and specialty industries/sectors. Creating unique spaces that blur the lines between branding, art and interior design is what makes us Experiential Alchemists.
So, what are we looking for?
We are after an experienced and equally passionate Interior Designer, who understands the concept of lasting impressions and enriching the cultural fabric of brands and communities we work with.
Be strategically minded and concept driven, and can collaborate with the Creative Director, clients/stakeholders, Retail Design Managers (RDMâ€™s), suppliers/contractors and of course our dynamic design team.
We are seeking a designer who can skilfully resolve detailing and technical issues, has an exceptional eye for design aesthetic and be highly organised to work in our fast-paced studio environment.
Your role will involve site evaluations and measurements, preparing concept designs, detailed design documentation for tender/construction, scheduling/selection of finishes/FF&E, specifications and assist in the presentation of projects to stakeholders.
You should have at least 3-5 years local experience and be proficient in:
- Adobe Suite
- Hand Sketching
Show evidence of experience in:
- Hospitality and Retail environments
- Construction documentation and detailing
- Liaising with clients/stakeholders, RDMâ€™s, consultants, contractors & suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Taking creative briefs end to end (concept development through to completion)
- Generate documentation that reflects the design intent and can be costed, built and completed to brief, time, cost and quality
- Manage project timelines and ensure quality of standards are maintained
- Work autonomously and as a team player
- Report to / liaise with all necessary parties at any given time in the project
- Prepare tender sets and construction documentation
- Prepare and liaise with council for relevant permits and applications
- Consult and meet with relevant authorities
- Attend and present at client meetings
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with our clients
If you have what it takes, then this opportunity is for you!
This is a full time position for an immediate start or with the option of starting in mid-January 2022.
To be considered, please submit your application which must contain your Resume together with a Port-folio of works which demonstrates your concept and documentation ability.
*ONLY APPLICANTS THAT SUBMIT A DETAILED PORTFOLIO WILL BE CONSIDERED!
We appreciate the effort it takes to apply however, we will be unable to respond to all applicants.
If you are shortlisted and we wish to progress your application, we will be in touch.