Medical Scientist COVID-19 In Home Services
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: S.A. Health
Total Indicative Remuneration:$92,017 -Â $105,461
- Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network, Rural Support Service – iCCnet SA, Tonsley
- Total Indicative Remuneration: MES-2 $92,017 – $105,461 p.a.
- Temporary Full-Time position available, working up to 30/6/2022
The aim of the service is to improve early diagnosis and management of chronic conditions to
achieve better health outcomes through:
- use of Point of Care Testing (PoCT) pathology in General Practice covering indicators for COVID-19.
- use of patient home monitoring devices to support COVID-19 and health risk management.
The objectives are:
- To support improvement of chronic disease self â€“management in sites by providing access to and education in patient home monitoring technology and systems.
- To support improvement in early diagnosis and chronic disease management in general practice and/or ACCHO sites through the delivery of Point of Care Testing (PoCT) services that includes education support and verification of on-site pathology testing.
- To provide the cost-effectiveness of a streamlined model of quality management of PoCT, whilst still providing high quality and accurate results.
- To assist in the development, implementation and testing of business models for general practice to support ongoing use of PoCT. This should include protocols and processes to ensure patient safety and quality management whilst providing high quality and accurate results.
- To contribute towards the body of evidence that demonstrates the benefits of point of care testing and supported home monitoring for early detection and management of chronic disease and to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing in identified primary care.
Staff will be required to participate in a 24-hour, seven day per week roster.
B.Sc., B.App.Sci, or equivalent.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
For more information about the role please refer to the Job Pack provided below. Job ref: 778016