Medical Receptionist – Fulltime & Casual
Job Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Employer: Mt Pleasant Medical and Dental Centre
Full time & Casual Medical Receptionists for Immediate Start.
Mt Pleasant Medical & Dental Centre have an opportunity for experienced Medical Receptionists to join our dynamic team in Mackay.
Due to recently expanding our Medical Centre, we are seeking caring, friendly, professional and motivated people to join our team. We are a modern, computerised practice dedicated to providing the community with personalised, professional and quality comprehensive health care.
Experience with Best Practice is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Candidate are listed below but not limited to the following:
- Welcoming GP & Dental patients
- Assisting with Patient registration for GP & Dental
- Excellent time management skills
- Good understanding and ability to perform all general front reception duties
- Keeping a clean & calm reception area
- Provide basic patient triage with professional phone etiquette
- Patient appointment scheduling including HotDocs Program
- Management & handling of all Patient correspondence & documentation
- Professional handling of phone enquiries, internal messaging & emails
- Invoicing and billing for Medical & Dental utilising Best Practice & Dental 4 Windows
- Stock control and ordering
- Liaising with all team members and ensuring all daily tasks are completed
- Good understanding of infection control & COVID-19 Workplace requirements
- Medicare & DVA batching & Processing
- Preparation & completion of Medico-legal reports
- Maintain AGPAL Accreditation standards in your daily work ethic.
The successful applicant will have the following skills & Attributes
- Understand the importance of client privacy & confidentiality
- Ability to work autonomously and/or cohesively as part of a team
- Possess a high level of organisational and administrative skill with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to provide administrative support to a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of MBS Schedule and practice billing procedures
- Possess proficient IT skills and a willingness to learn new medical software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Best Practice Software advantageous.
- Good organisation and time management skills, as well as the ability to multi task in a calm, mature manner
- Ability to provide patient care and assign help accordingly
- Be a confident communicator
- Professional presentation and portray an energetic cheerful personality
- Empathy, compassion and a caring attitude with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Be ‘Patient Focused’ ensuring personalised patient care is a priority.
- Willing to learn basic Dental Reception Duties
You will need to be available to work Monday â€“ Friday with provision for rotational Saturday morning shifts in the future. Pay rate will be negotiated pending and qualifications and experience and work place performance.
If you believe you are the right candidate for a position within our Medical Clinic, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your current CV & cover letter online
alternatively via email to:
The Practice Manager
Email: [email protected]