Medical Reception / Administration
Job Location: ACT
Employer: EyeVision Canberra
We are a specialist ophthalmology practice with a small & committed team of clinical and admin staff. We seek a receptionist/admin assistant to join our friendly practice team in Braddon.
- Flexible working hours – work/life or work/study balance
- A small & comfortable reception team of just 4-5 people
- Would suit someone looking for 2-3 days or more when available
You will build or gain:
Ability to adapt & prioritise – working in a fast paced front desk environment
Calm under pressure – multi-tasking phone enquiries, greeting & billing patients
Organisation skills – running busy & complex appointments, files & referrals
Communication skills – providing empathetic & knowledgeable assistance to patients
Confidence, speed and accuracy – processing clinic & surgery billings
Desirable Experience & Attributes
- Previous medical reception experience â€“ highly desirable
- Experience with medical admin software â€“ especially VIP.net (Houston)
- Exceptional written & oral communication and customer service experience
- Experience with billings & an understanding of the Medicare system
- Professional & positive manner, high level multitasking & attention to detail
- Reliability & flexibility to cover varying team staffing needs
Hours will include open and/or close clinic Monday â€“ Friday.
Training will be provided.
This role is available for an immediate commencement.
Interviews will start as applications are received. Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Applications should include BOTH cover letter and your CV. Please ensure your cover letter outlines:
- Your preferred minimum hours of work per week
- Which of any days you are available (Mon-Fri)
- Your availability to start