Med Director, Hospital Care in the Home
Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: Mercy Health
Salary Packaging, Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
Werribee Mercy Hospital
Permanent Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic physician to join us as the inaugural Medical Director of Hospital in the Home and Ambulatory Care, a key leadership position for the Hospital. We have an ambitious and exciting growth strategy, which includes expanding our clinical service profile within the Werribee community.
Summary of the role:
The Medical Director of HITH and Ambulatory care is an exciting and newly created leadership position who will lead and provide overall responsibility for strategic, clinical and operational facets of home based services including Hospital in the home, [email protected] and Medical Day services in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team and the senior leadership at Mercy Health. The Director will have the vision and skills to develop an integrated service to optimize diversionary and substitution models of care, so as to avoid acute bed based hospital admissions and emergency presentations and provide exceptional hospital care at home.
The Director will supervise physicians and junior medical staff in the service. As the inaugural Director, you will have a unique opportunity to make your mark and build on our vision of delivering exceptional patient experience, clinical care and service delivery. You will make an impact by:
- Providing strong leadership and clinical governance of the service
- Cultivating an environment that nurtures mentoring, learning and development of clinical staff through education and research
- Developing strong collaboration with other clinical teams, external partners and the health executive to provide a seamless patient centred model of care
- Being able to work independently and continually strive to improve patient care and experience
This is a permanent position with requirements to be on call and have an appropriate clinical load.
There are opportunities to arrange a suitable honorary academic position with the co-located University of Notre Dame Medical School.
- Appointees must be legally qualified practitioners, registered or registrable with AHPRA without conditions, undertakings or reprimands.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP), Emergency Medicine (FACEM), General Practice (FRACGP) or relevant specialty
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as a senior clinical leader with operational experience
- Ability to provide strategic focus and direction and foster a culture of quality and service improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than â€˜just a job.â€™ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health – our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health is committed to public health and safety measures that protect the health and lives of our people and the individuals and communities we serve. As a Catholic organisation we believe in the principle of the common good and as such we expect our staff to participate in immunisations/vaccinations to safeguard the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Applications Close: 20/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.