Job Location: Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work for one of the worldâ€™s largest globally diversified natural resources companies
- No two days are the same | Real Career progression Opportunities
- 8:6 / 7:7 Day/Night Roster | Permanent Position | FIFO Ex Perth
Minara Resources has an opportunity for a skilled Mechanical Fitter to join our team located at our Murrin Murrin Operations.
Minara Resources is Australiaâ€™s largest cobalt producer and a major world producer of nickel. Our Murrin Murrin site in WAâ€™s northern Goldfields is an integrated nickel and cobalt mining and processing operation employing over 1,000 people. We are a diverse, dedicated and driven workforce, building a sustainable business today with a focus on tomorrow.
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the worldâ€™s largest globally diversified natural resources companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 60 commodities. Glencore employs over 145,000 people operates around 150 operating mining and processing sites, oil production assets and agricultural facilities in over 35 countries.
The successful person will become a member of our hardworking and committed team who are responsible for undertaking planned & reactive breakdown maintenance and shutdown work across our process plant.
This role would suit a driven Mechanical Fitter with previous experience working in a similar hydrometallurgical process plant who is looking for job security and career opportunities. You will also have:
- Australian Recognised Mechanical Trade Qualification/s;
- A current and valid manual Australian Driverâ€™s licence;
- Proven experience with pump and valve mechanical operation under safe work practices;
- Confined space, Working at heights, EWP, (LF) Forklift or Basic rigging Tickets (Advantageous)
- Experience working with and demonstrated compliance with work area permit systems; and
- Strong communication skills & excellent trouble shooting and problem solving abilities.
What We Offer
We offer a diverse range of roles across our multi pit mining operations through to our complex and technically challenging hydrometallurgical process plant.
- A permanent position working directly for Minara Resources;
- 13% superannuation contribution;
- A competitive salary package;
- Private health insurance allowance;
- Diverse career opportunities across our global mining operations;
- An incentive program paid quarterly dependant on site performance;
- Company paid salary continuance insurance;
- Subsidised private health insurance and other comprehensive health and wellbeing benefits;
- Range of additional leave benefits including long service leave and paid parental leave;
- Extensive salary sacrifice options;
- Committed skill and career development assistance to further your technical or leadership career; and
- FIFO, 1-hour flight ex Perth to site.