Mechanical Draftsperson / Pipeline Design Drafter
Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
About the Company:
Enscope is a niche Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management and Commissioning Services provider supporting Australia’s Oil and Gas and Energy Industries. Headquartered in Perth, Enscope is a national company and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quanta Services Inc., a New York Stock Exchange listed company (NYSE:PWR).
About the Role:
Based at our Doncastser office, we are currently seeking suitably qualified and energetic Pipeline Designer Drafter who can take on unsupervised drafting and design duties.
The ideal applicant will have at least a Diploma in Engineering â€“ preferably Mechanical and previous Computer-based drafting experience (AutoCAD / Microstation). An interest in Piping, Pipelines, Civil and Structural design, as well as experience in the Gas and Energy sector, will be advantageous.
To be successful, you will preferably have experience with elements of the following:
- Preparation and revision of design drawings using various software platforms â€“ primarily AutoCAD Civil 3D and AutoCAD Plant 3D,
- Exposure to AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- Preparation of presentation materials using MS Office suite of products,
- Interest in learning skills to progress to more senior duties as aptitude is proven.
- Prepare engineering drawings of gas flowlines, trunk lines and pipelines. Able to read, review and apply Site Topographical Survey drawings and data.
- Develop Overall Routing Maps and Layouts, Plot Plans, Pipeline Alignment sheets
- Pipeline tie-in section and detail drawings
- Develop detailed drawings for crossings with trenchless technologies (HDD)
- Review Pipeline Drawings, Plot Plans, Alignment Sheets, Piping Layouts and Vendor Drawings
- Understand Pipeline detail engineering standards, including spacing requirements, accessibility, operation, maintenance, crossings and right of way (ROW) and the relevant Standards, and able to learn and understand clientâ€™s standards and specifications.
- Verify that all designs are to required standards and that the objectives of the project are met.
- Aid other disciplines and participate in review meetings (if requested), in accordance with Project requirements.
- Support internal development and continuous improvement activities as required.
Essential Qualities and Background
- Minimum 5 yearsâ€™ experience in design and drafting with at least 1 year of experience in pipeline design and drafting
- Diploma in Engineering â€“ Mechanical (desirable)
- Computer based drafting experience (AutoCAD / Microstation),
- Strong computer literacy skills with advanced knowledge of MS applications,
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and to hard deadlines,
- Willingness to work on a range of projects as workload dictates,
- Happy to work under supervision,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both internal & external stakeholders,
- Flexible attitude to rapid changing project requirements,
- Happy to be part of a team.
Enscope has a strong commitment to delivering on our promises and to the growth of our business through the growth of our people.
The successful applicant will thrive in an environment reflecting these values and will be able to demonstrate the skills above. Please ensure you address this selection criteria in your cover letter.
If you can demonstrate your knowledge and experience in the above requirements and in particular if you have a strong familiarity with the Australian market, we would welcome your application.
Consistent with the Company purpose, Enscope also looks for all employees to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Be available, supportive and accessible
- Back yourself and each other
- Be accountable
- Open, honest conversations
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour â€“ do the right thing
- Bring energy to everything we do
- Challenge yourself to improve & grow
If you believe that you would thrive in this type of environment and that you meet the skills requirements we encourage you to apply.
To be considered for this role, please submit your application through this site and ‘Apply Now’.
Expression of interest from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.