Manager, Trustee Services
Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Company: One Investment Group
Established in 2009, One Investment Group is a leading independent Australian funds management business specialising in responsible entity, trustee, corporate trust and custody services, as well as fund administration, registry and corporate secretarial services.
One Investment Group administers a range of asset classes including real estate, credit, private equity, infrastructure, equities, mortgage and hedge funds.
- Tertiary qualified regarded
- Financial background regarded
- RG 146 desirable
- Industry qualifications highly regarded
- A base level understanding of the funds management industry
- At least 5 years of financial services experience
- A keen eye for detail and a base level understanding of risk and compliance concepts
- A base level understanding of trusts and various structures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Assist Group Legal & Compliance and Director, Trustee Services with the establishment of new funds.
- Assist with the review of key fund documents (e.g., IMA, constitution and other agreements).
- Apply for ABNs, AIPR and other registrations relevant to a Fund.
- Review and input on offer documents and application forms.
- Work with Group Legal & Compliance and Director, Trustee Services to ensure compliance tasks are loaded into our workflow calendar for the fund.
- OIG & Fund (client) website reviewed and updated.
- Open or instruct custody to open all relevant Fund bank accounts and broker accounts.
Day to Day Activities (non-exhaustive list)
- Attending to investment manager requests within timelines requested by the investment manager and other relevant stakeholders.
- Review and preparation of PRFs for payments.
- Ensure unit prices are reviewed and this review document prior to the release of a price.
- Ensure Fund transactions are executed effectively, efficiently and within the deadlines set.
- Assistance with preparation of board papers, memos and similar for consideration by senior management and relevant boards.
- Ensure company policies are adhered with in undertaking all activities.
- Assist with the rolling over of offer documents.
- Review of fund updates and promotional materials.
- Assist with the completion of annual due diligence visits of key service providers.
- Preparation and ownership of document execution requests and maintenance of execution registers.
- Assist with the termination and winding-up of funds.
Financial Report & Audit
- Assist with Co-ordinating key stakeholders involved in audit process (auditor, administrators etc).
- Ensure annual and half-year financial reports are lodged in a timely manner.
- Assist with the preparation of board papers for the board to consider and approve financial statements.
- Assist group compliance with compliance plan audit requests.
Risk & Compliance
- Timely completion of Tickit tasks.
- Identification and notification of breaches, incidents and complaints impacting on the funds assigned to you or the broader OIG business in a timely manner.
- Assist with the completion of breach and complaint reports (as required).
- Assist with the implementation of matters of regulatory change.
- Active participation in team meetings and training sessions.
- Positive attitude
- Provide accounting advice and support to corporate and BU projects as required.
- Assist with business ad hoc development activities.
- Attend client and industry forums to promote the OIG brand.
- Fast paced environment and competing client demands.
- The role involves working with numerous stakeholders across each fund, so stakeholder management can be a significant challenge.
- Managing the dynamic of needing to be commercial and compliant at the same time.
- Understanding a variety of complicated fund structures.
- Working to often tight deadlines.
- Staying on top of all regulatory and other changes.
Meeting Key Deadlines
- Working in an organised and effective manner to meet internal and external deadlines. Breaking down outcomes into key tasks and maintaining high level of drive and resiliance to ensure agreed timelines are met.
Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement
- Identifying and reporting opportunities to improve culture, practices, procedures, and documentation. Implementing any required changes to practices, procedures, and documentation and measuring and reporting on the impact of those changes.
- Working in an organised and effective manner to ensure that there are no errors in your own work and the ability identify errors when reviewing the work of others.
- Delivering against agreed goals and standards. Setting high standards of performance for yourself and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Building productive partnerships with individuals and groups across the business and external to the business. Developing and using collaborative relationships to negotiate and facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Desire to understand the rules we work within and embrace and adapt to changes in the regulatory environment. Be able to effectively communicate the impacts of regulatory changes to Key Stakeholders and make people understand OIG’ rigorous compliance arrangements.
Client Focus – Investor Primacy
- Delivering superior services to investment managers in an efficient and effective manner. While at the same time remembering our overarching obligations to our investors – to prefer their interests over your own interests and the interests of our investment managers.
- Expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations; adjusting language to capture the attention of the audience.
- Conveying an image that is consistent with the organisation’s values; demonstrating the qualities, traits, and positive demeanor that command respect.
- Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.