Manager – Child & Family Services Inner East
Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Uniting (Victoria and Tasmania) Limited
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Based at Blackburn
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to join our Eastern Melbourne Leadership Team. The Manager is responsible for the operational and strategic leadership, management and development of high-quality child and family services across our Inner East Region, including the new Inner East Orange Door. The services aim to support families to enhance parenting capacity, improve family functioning and promote child safety.
As Manager, you will lead a committed workforce to deliver a range of services to vulnerable families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and childrenâ€™s well being. The Manager will ensure that services effectively respond to evolving consumer and community needs, and are delivered in accordance with statutory requirements.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a degree qualification in social work, psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Extensive leadership experience within the child, youth and family welfare sector
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading programs in a complex service delivery environment
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relevant to the child, youth and family welfare sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to form effective working relationships and foster a positive team culture
- High level written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the positon description)
- Current resume
Applications close Thursday 18 November 2021
Get in touch
Louise Cunningham â€“ Senior Manager, Child, Youth & Family Services East
T: 0422 806 063 (during business hours)
Lee-anne Chapman â€“ Group Manager East
T: 0478 459 996 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a â€˜child safeâ€™ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Unitingâ€™s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.