Job Location: Perth
Employer: Pacific National
- Excellent location to work towards a Mentor Driver!
- Full time, Permanent opportunity
- Very sought after location of work!
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified Locomotive Driver to join our Perth depot on a full-time basis for our Freight operations. The roles report into the Superintendent Linehaul and will be working a 24/7 roster.
Your primary responsibility will be to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains, safely in accordance with your level of competency, safe working qualifications and established Pacific Nationalâ€™s operational procedures and agreements, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a ‘Delivered In-Full, On-Time’ (DIFOT) performance for the Pacific National group.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to Pacific National Approach (PNA) â€“ Safety, People and Leadership, Customer, Community and Financial Success.
- Proven rail freight locomotive driving experience
- Cert IV in Train Driving
- Exceptional commitment to safety
- Demonstrated positive and supportive attitude when working within a team environment
- Basic level of computer literacy
- Strong focus on customer needs and requirements
- Willingness to undertake ongoing training and development activities is a must
- A current motor vehicle licence is required
- You must be available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster
- You will support and embrace continuous improvements and change
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees at full pay
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the regionâ€™s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australiaâ€™s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close 13th December 2021
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the prompts!
Please note that prior to applying for any vacancy, employees are required to discuss with their manager their intention to apply for another role.
Home Safely Everyday – Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.