Locomotive Driver & Shunter (Monthly)
Job Location: Perth Eastern Suburbs
Employer: SCT Logistics
Rail to road, dry freight, refrigerated or bulk, The SCT Group provides Australiaâ€™s most efficient and independent freight services. Established in 1974 by Peter Smith, SCT is now a national, multi-modal transport and logistics company made up of (3) three companies (SCT Logistics, Specialised Bulk Rail (SBR) and Railpro Services, including a subsidiary of the SBR operation, Wimmera Container Line)
The SCT Group is a rapidly growing company, which prides itself on being a leader in the logistics field. Our objective is to be the leading supply chain partner in the market with a focus on safety, service, quality and sustainability.
At SCT we offer a collaborative and inclusive work culture that is built on; Safety, Passion, Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork. We understand that our values enable us to better understand and serve our customers, attract top talent (like you) and innovate successfully. We offer competitive remuneration packages, development opportunities and you’ll get to work with an industry leader within the Transport & Logistics Industry.
Reporting to the Rail manager SCT WA, the position includes the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring safe & efficient shunting activities
- Perform assigned duties in accordance with SCT Railâ€™s policies and work instructions.
- Commitment to safety in the workplace
- Ensure compliance with all of SCTâ€™s OHS policies, procedures and applicable state and federal legislation
- A strong customer focus orientation
- Be able to work in a team environment and in some cases unsupervised
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 2 yearsâ€™ experience working in rail operations.
- Shunting & Train Driving Qualifications.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Current Track Access Permit (TAP)
- Valid C Class Driverâ€™s License
- Conduct himself/herself in a manner that ensures SCT Rail is recognised as a safe, reliable and quality supplier of rail related services
Other important information
- The SCT Group is an equal opportunity employer
- Short listed candidates will only be contacted
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the stated closing date.
- Recruitment companies, need not apply
To apply, please click on “Apply for this job” or email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]