Job Location: Perth Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Autonomy, variety and a sense of purpose
- Variety of work locations – home, office out and about with customers
- Small local team
Chorus is a WA based organisation with close to 1000 team members and volunteers who support seniors, people on the mental health recovery journey and those living with disability. Our purpose is to enable people to live the life they choose at home and in the community. We’ve designed a structure that focuses less on management and hierarchy and more on the things that matter – relationships, customers, and communities! Our network of small local teams enables Chorus people to be more connected to each other and feel a sense of belonging.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Local Lead to join our team. This role is based in Kingsley and surrounding areas. The purpose of this role is to inspire Local (team) performance and connection. There is flexibility to work from home, in the office and out supporting customers in the surrounding areas. At Chorus, all team members have a role to play in directly supporting customers. This ensures that we keep the customer at the centre of everything we do.
No day is the same and you’ll get to enjoy a variety of work which can include:
- Provide guidance and support to Local Team Members to excel and thrive in their roles
- Coordinate actions and foster team collaboration to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Inspire Cells and Team Members to take ownership of issues and share responsibility for Local performance
- Build team belonging
- Meet your Local Lead goals for time with customers
- Collaborate with your team members to deliver customer outcomes
- Fulfil team commitments and drive your own learning and development
These are the qualities you need for this role:
- A customer centric approach to everything you do
- Organised with good time management as there are lots of moving parts
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective way
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm during times of change and ambiguity
- Ability to simplify complex processes to align with Chorus 2.0
- Ability to adapt to different personalities and have difficult conversations when needed
- Ability to look after yourself so you can support others
- Ability to think outside of the ‘norm’
- Ability to collaborate, empower and support people to develop confidence in their abilities
- Support others to find the best solution and give people space to participate
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Resilience – be okay to try new ideas and pick yourself up if you don’t succeed every time
Plus you will need:
- Experience supporting people living with disability, on the mental health recovery journey and/or seniors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in the Microsoft Office package
- An NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Your own vehicle
- Rights to work in Australia
Why work with us?
- Autonomy, variety, and a sense of purpose and knowing that every day you have made a difference
- Employment on a full-time or part time permanent basis with flexibility to work the hours that suit your lifestyle
- Variety of work locations; home, office and out in the community with customers
- Salary packaging options of up to $15,900 per year tax-free which increases your take home pay. Plus, an additional tax-free amount of $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment
- Working with customers to make a positive difference
- Strong focus on learning and development where you’ll have the opportunity to develop skills into various career pathways
- We’re a progressive organisation that takes a fresh approach to community service. We do things differently.
Interested in working with us?
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from a variety of cultural and linguistic origins, as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ persons, and those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Kingsley 6026 WA