Leisure & Wellness Coordinator
Location: Sydney North Shore & Northern Beaches
Company: Uniting NSW & ACT
Access to Salary Packaging
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Leisure & Wellness Coordinator to join our collaborative team at Uniting Wesley Gardens in Belrose on a full time basis.
Leisure and Wellness Coordinators embody the Uniting person-centred care approach, which aims to celebrate our clients as unique individuals. Working alongside the care team, clients’ unique physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing is enhanced through meaningful lifestyle and wellbeing programs.
Go above and beyond in your work by creating meaningful lifestyle programs in a Household environment. Work collaboratively with your team to deliver these programs while enhancing the resident’s well-being and quality of life.
With your passion for providing person centred care to the elderly and enjoyment of working alongside others you will also design and facilitate leisure activities to support and encourage resident participation and personal achievement.
- Create and implement meaningful lifestyle and wellbeing programs
- Support your team to facilitate client’s leisure and lifestyle needs
- Share knowledge and build capacity of whole care team to delivery lifestyle programs
- Liaise with local community groups and networks to identify and support the resident’s lifestyle needs
- Identify, recruit and onboard volunteers to support resident’s lifestyle and wellbeing choices
- Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle or equivalent qualifications
- Demonstrated competency in the knowledge required for this role
- Experience and ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and competency in the knowledge required for this role
- Experience in developing and implementing recreational programmes tailored for the elderly including a sound knowledge of health issues relevant to the elderly
- Understanding of what creates meaningful engagement and entertainment for residents
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.