Legal Secretary – Litigation
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Norton Rose Fulbright
Our Litigation team in Sydney is well-known for its respectful and inclusive culture and this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Legal Secretary to join them, based in Sydney. Working as part of a team of Legal Secretaries, you will provide support to two partners and their teams. Your day to day role will involve preparing the team’s monthly bills, setting up new client engagements and managing diaries and travel, liaising with clients and other lawyers to arrange meetings.
Previous experience as a Legal Secretary, Administration or Personal Assistant within a law firm or other professional services environment would be beneficial, along with the ability to collaborate as part of a team, manage sometimes complex and detailed bills and interact well with clients and internal stakeholders.
The key responsibilities and requirements for this role are as follows:
- Diary management for two partners and their teams
- Extensive billing and expense coordination
- File management including opening and closing files, electronic and physical filing and scanning
- File court documents
- Filter incoming calls and deal with inquiries and requests from clients and other stakeholders
- Document preparation (including the use of precedents) and amendments
- Experience in a similar position in a law firm or professional services environment
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work autonomously and draft basic correspondence and documents
- Previous experience in monthly billing using relevant financial software preferable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
The successful candidate will need to be a proactive, collaborative individual and a self-starter who can act on their own initiative. At Norton Rose Fulbright, you will be rewarded with genuine career prospects and an inclusive, high performing team environment renowned for its collaborative culture, passion for client service and professional development opportunities. Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience.
Norton Rose Fulbright values diversity and strives to create an inclusive culture where all employees can bring their whole selves to work. We embrace the opportunity to contribute to the communities in which we work which underpins our strong Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. We provide a range of opportunities in which our people can make a difference to their local and global communities including through pro bono legal work, charitable giving, volunteering and support for the environment.
We are proud that Norton Rose Fulbright in Australia has been recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) year on year as well as a silver employer for LGBTI Inclusion through the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. We will provide adjustments for candidates with disabilities. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application/interview process, please contact [email protected].