Legal Advocate (APS4-6)
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Allygroup is seeking paralegals and lawyers (equivalent APS4 to APS6 levels) for our Commonwealth government agency in the Dispute Resolution and Litigation Branch supporting the Administrative Appeals Tribunal inhouse litigation practice. The positions are for a 12 month contract with possibility of extension. The positions are located across Australia in Canberra, Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
You will work closely with other team members to manage and advise on the Agency’s legal risk through the provision of high quality AAT legal advice, litigation services and support.
What you need to be successful
- Previous experience in Commonwealth and State/Territory litigation matters
- Previous experience in alternate dispute resolution, administrative law, statutory interpretation and administrative principles
- Baseline Security Clearance – Allygroup can sponsor you if you do not currently have a baseline clearance
Required candidate skills include (depending on your level of experience):
- Drafting high quality legal advice, support and services to our client’s stakeholders in the management and resolution of AAT related matters
- Managing and/or conducting a caseload of litigation matters in the AAT on behalf of the CEO of the Agency including appearing at hearings, conducting relevant research and drafting submissions
- Advising with the support of senior lawyers in the context of AAT matters
- Applying alternate dispute resolution methods and advocacy skills to resolve applications within model litigant principals
- Managing priorities and delivering results on time and within budget
- Preparing and undertaking initial research and advice on low to medium risk legal matters
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients and other stakeholders including tribunals and other government agencies
What you need to do now
To apply, click the â€˜Apply for this jobâ€™ button above or send a current resume and cover letter to our team at [email protected] expressing your interest in this opportunity. For a confidential talk in relation to this position, please call us on 02 5104 3170.
Allygroup is a law firm which specialises in legal management consultancy, legal project management and legal recruitment.
Allygroup is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and endeavour to put forward the best candidates regardless of their cultural, gender or religious identity.