Lead Educator | C&K Gumdale Extended Kindergarten
Job Location: Brisbane Bayside & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: C&K Association
“I love coming to work each day, seeing the children’s excitement as they share their ideas. We have an amazing team of teachers and educators and wonderful families.” Liana
Just like Liana, experience the C&K difference:
- Exceptional support to help you grow as an early year’s professional
- Above Award wages
- Opportunities to bring your passion and ideas to the learning program
- Opportunity to practice and develop your leadership skills in a collaborative team environment
- Access to high-quality mentors
- Ongoing professional development from sector leaders
- Invitations to participate in monthly learning and networking sessions
- Access to non-contact time to prepare, plan and document the program
- Be rewarded with a retention bonus after 12 months
About this role:
As a successful candidate, your role will be to lead the delivery of the extended kindergarten program at C&K Gumdale Community Kindergarten
The role is permanent, part-time Monday to Friday during school terms (min 25hrs/week), with additional hours during school holidays.
Ideally, the successful candidate will commence early January to start developing strong relationships with children, families and the local community.
This is the perfect opportunity to join C&K to grow and develop in your early childhood career.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum of Diploma of Children’s Services
- Willingness to learn and implement the C&K Curriculum Approach: Listening and Learning Together
- Ability to plan, document and evaluate a quality play-based kindergarten curriculum
- Current Paid Blue Card and First Aid qualifications (or willingness to obtain prior to employment)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build respectful and supportive relationships with children, families and colleagues
- Understanding of strategies and policies to support children’s safety and wellbeing.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
The Childcare and Kindergarten Association Limited (C&K) is a not-for-profit early childhood provider with nearly 350 early childhood education and care centres located across Queensland. C&K acknowledges that each child and family have unique early education and care requirements and so we provide a range of different programs including childcare, kindergarten, outside school hours care and integrated services.
C&K is an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which include police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date. Therefore, you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.