Southern Suburbs & Logan
Our privately-owned client manufactures a market-leading range of packaged mortars, cement, pigments, sands and soils. The products are sold to leading retailers, manufacturers and tradesmen around Australia.
They have recently commissioned a new testing facility at their large factory site and are seeking a laboratory assistant to support and work alongside the Technical Services Manager.
It is a very busy lab environment with a small multi skilled team; hence they are seeking a team player who is willing and able to complete all tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
Typical daily activities include:
- Testing and preparing cement samples to confirm their compliance with Australian Standards.
- Testing factory production to confirm QC compliance
- Ensure laboratory equipment is calibrated and maintained in perfect working order
- Logging samples and recording subsequent test data
- Analysing and reporting on water samples
- Analysis of sand and soils
- QC administration support activities
- Maintenance of laboratory operations to ensure compliance with NATA certification
The role can expand and evolve over time as your capabilities, industry knowledge and performance improve.
The key attributes that our client is seeking are:
- A fast learner with the ability to retain and interpret data and trends
- A solid work ethic with the preparedness to work with raw materials and complete repetitive laboratory tasks in a diligent, careful, and perfunctory manner
- An interest in earth science and or construction materials
- Strong analytical abilities, written communication and good MS excel skills
- A drivers license
- An ability to lift samples weighing up to 20kg.
You will be joining a very successful 45 year old private company with a national footprint in the supply of construction materials. You will be part of a hard working and very cooperative operations team who earnestly do their best to satisfy customers.
Please forward a letter explaining your interest and suitability for the role together with a CV to Jodie Moseley.