Kitchen Hand and Stand in Chef
Job Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Beachwood Frankston South
$25 – $29.99 per hour
Beachwood Early Learning and Kindergarten is a family owned and operated centre. We are creating something unique for our community and are looking a passionate kitchen hand who want to join us in something truly special!
Our purpose built centre is open from 6:30am-6:30pm, Monday to Friday. Beachwood boasts 7 early childhood rooms catering for children from 6 weeks to Kindergarten. Our rooms are light and bright with room sizes ranging from a 12 place nursery through to a 22 place 4 year old Kindergarten.
We are passionate about providing our community with an exceptional service that not only provides excellent educational programs but unites with families in caring for their children.
We adopt a play based approach to learning with authentic learning experiences.
Our council registered class 1 kitchen provides a range of fresh meals catering for the unique needs of each child’s dietary requirements each day.
About the role
We are recruiting a kitchen hand to support our Centre Chef in the preparation of the children’s meals throughout the day as well as support the maintenance of the kitchen cleanliness in line with the Food Safety Plan and council requirements. There will also be the ability to step into the Centre Chef position when they are away!
We currently have 2 positions available. One at our Bonbeach service and one at our soon to open Frankston South service!
We are looking for some one who would love to work as part of a small team, who likes to get in and support and can do it all with a smile! The position commences on a casual basis for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week with the opportunity to move to permanent part time. This position can be performed during school hours.
- Support the Centre Chef in preparing nutritious meals for our children, meeting each childs specific health care need or dietary requirements.
- Enjoy greeting people in a friendly manner.
- Display good verbal, written and time management skills.
- Flexible to increase hours and confident to step up and cover the Chef when required.
- A keen eye for detail with commitment to food safety practices.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Reap the Rewards!
Beachwood is committed to our team, we are truly family owned and operated meaning that all of our team are valued and included. We encourage and support work/life balance through flexible working conditions, offer discounts on childcare costs, provide uniforms and have a commitment to supporting professional development and up skilling.
Skills and experience
- Completed Food Handling/Food safety certificate as minimum
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Current Anaphylaxis, Asthma, CPR and First Aid Certificates or willingness to obtain one
- Experience working with children preferred but not required
If you meet the above criteria and Beachwood sounds like the place for you, please hit ‘apply now’!