Junior Product Owner
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: ELMO Software Limited
Who we areâ€¦
Founded in 2002, ELMO Software is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia and New Zealand, with offices both locally and abroad in the United Kingdom. ELMO is a cloud-based solution that helps thousands of organisations across Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom to effectively manage their people, process and pay. With a mission to create best-in-class technology accessible to all workplaces, ELMO is constantly evolving. With continued expansion through exciting acquisitions, we are searching for the brightest talent to join our high-growth company!
The ELMO ethos is to empower and grow ELMOnians to unlock and actualise their full potential. While our talent thrives, so do both our customers and our organisation. Since listing on the ASX in 2017, we have grown our annualised recurring revenue (ARR) from $19 million in FY17 to $83 million in FY21 and an FY22 forecast of $105 – $111 million, growing our people from 92 employees to over 600. Whatâ€™s truly exciting is that this is what we achieved in just four years.
We’re at a whole new level of scale and still growing rapidly. Imagine what the next four years could bring for ELMO – and you. Be part of the ELMO journey!
About the role
As our Junior Product Owner, you will join our fast-growing and cross-functional R&D Division.
You will be responsible for collaborating with the development team to achieve product goals.
This involves working closely with the Product Managers, Tech Leads and Designers and other business stakeholders to acquire an in-depth understanding of customer and business needs.
This isn’t just another role, but an opportunity to make your unique contribution in building a bigger and innovative product and create a footprint for your career path.
Your day to day will look like:
- Assist Product Managers and Designers with modelling business processes, dependencies and user journeys
- Write Epic descriptions and User Stories including clear acceptance criteria
- Assist with Backlog Grooming. Contribute to story refining, splitting, merging and removal
- Assist with Sprint Planning, Showcase and Retrospective. Attend all Agile ceremonies for team
- Facilitate estimation sessions with Software Engineers
- Utilisation of customer-centric development approaches including qualitative and quantitative analysis to build context, refine requirements, and measure product outcomes
What we would like to see you bring to the team:
- Proven experience in Technical Support or Implementation in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to product development processes in SaaS technology platform is a bonus
- Analytic mindset, accuracy, attention to details, and creative problem solving
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a diverse skillset to thrive in an environment of fast growth
More about benefits:
- Flexible, family-friendly environment
- Focus on tech: Innovation Days, R&D Summit, Hackathons, Monthly Product Showcase, weekly tech workshops, PO Community of Practice, Agile coaching team
- Inhouse Learning and Development initiatives
- ELMO Social clubs (movies, books, Green team) and Communities of Interest (cooking, pets, gardening)
- Monthly Employee rewards
- Mental Health programs
More About Our Team
Our team is diverse, supportive, and open to share knowledge. We run internal workshops where team members can discuss technical concepts. We have a friendly and inclusive culture that focuses on constant improvement.
ELMO Software Limited is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to join our team. Key to this role is an awareness of data privacy and security as you will be dealing with sensitive employee data in accordance with ELMOâ€™s ISO27001:2013 Certified security policies and practices.