IT Systems Administrator
- A great place to work, with an open, caring and supportive culture, where valued relationships are at the core of who we are;
- Unique in the breadth of our clients and the quality of the work that we do;
- Committed to creating inclusive teams where the diverse perspective of our people can be shared and celebrated;
- Serious about fostering genuine flexibility across our business to support individual, team and client needs;
- Invested in our people; both in the support we provide them as part of our Firm, and in their learning, development and growth;
- A workplace that values coming together to connect, and to reflect on and celebrate our achievements; and
- Dedicated to giving back and making a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
About the Team
Our in-house Information Technology (IT) team, led by our Chief Information Officer, is a key and critical function that provides high-level service to the firm across all of our offices, as part of our broader business services group. The IT team delivers responsive, high-quality application and systems support to our Partners, our lawyers and our clients.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join the Systems and Infrastructure arm of our IT team, reporting into our Senior IT Operations Manager and to be based in one of our offices in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. This is a full-time position.
This role acts as a trusted advisor to the firm and will work with both internal and external clients, so it is crucial that candidates are able to communicate appropriately and effectively with staff and clients of various skill levels and technical understanding.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing, administering and supporting core systems, applications and technology;
- Undertaking strategic and BAU projects, including the implementation and configuration of new or upgraded systems, services, applications and infrastructure that enhance the firms technology, security and service capabilities;
- Providing specialist support to our IT Service Desk by responding to escalated incidents and requests in a timely, thorough and professional manner; and
- Performing application and system testing for new rollouts, implementations or upgrades, and assisting in the development of IT testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) plans.
You will have between 2-4 years of System Administrator (or similar) experience, with strong technical IT skills, a highly developed customer service ethic and a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
The following skills and experience are essential for candidates applying for this role:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or similar;
- Understanding and exposure to project methodologies and frameworks such as Prince2; and
You must also possess in-depth knowledge and experience across:
- Microsoft technologies, services and platforms (server, desktop and tools such as SCCM, SCOM, SQL);
- Powershell Admin, scripting and Git;
- Virtualisation technologies (such as VMware);
- Storage, network, DR and backup technologies; and
- WAN and LAN technologies and services.
It is also highly desirable (but not essential) for candidates to have the following:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or similar Microsoft Certification;
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA);
- ITIL knowledge with qualifications or proven experience; and
- Tertiary qualification or certification in IT or equivalent.
More About Who We Are
Holding Redlich is a large national commercial law firm with offices across Australia. We are comprised of more than 500 employees and partners, and we provide the full range of legal services to many of Australia’s largest public and private companies, and across all levels of government.
Great law is our starting point, and we look after our clients with the best legal thinking, expert industry knowledge and strong local and international connections. We strive for excellence in everything we do and we take pride in the quality of our work.
We are in no doubt our success is down to our people, and we value the diverse personalities, talents and backgrounds they bring. We think it speaks volumes that many of our people have enjoyed developing and progressing their careers with us over a number of years.
We are at an exciting point in our growth trajectory and have experienced significant growth in our key practice areas in recent times. This enables us to continue to offer genuine career development and support with the opportunity for stimulating, challenging and meaningful legal and non-legal work.
And we are a law firm with heart, boasting a proud record of commitment to Pro Bono work and regularly contributing to worthy charities nationwide via our Social Justice Fund.
For further information, please visit our Careers website.
We are delighted you are considering becoming a part of our story…
To discuss this opportunity on a confidential basis, please contact Alison Daly-Thomson, Recruitment Manager, on (03) 9321 9914.
To apply, please click on the “Apply” button and complete our online application form. We will be in touch shortly.