IT Support Officer
Job Location: West Gippsland & Latrobe Valley
Employer: Gippsland Water
IT Support Officer
Fixed term contract (9 months – full time position with potential extension)
Starting salary $62,943 plus superannuation
Gippsland Water takes pride in its place in the Gippsland community. We are a quality essential service and support the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and staff. We are one of the critical stakeholders in the region, working towards a prosperous Gippsland.
We are growing, innovative and committed to ensuring that Gippsland Water remains a great place to work. We do this by:
- Offering a flexible and stimulating workplace and investing in our people to enable us to adapt to the changing needs of our region.
- Building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation.
We also provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Gippsland Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Our Information Systems and Technology team at Gippsland Water is seeking an IT Support Officer to effectively support the delivery and use of Gippsland Waterâ€™s information technology systems and services whilst being dedicated in delivering the best outcomes for our customers.
The primary role of the IT Support Officer is to provide technical knowledge and advice including high levels of customer service to deliver quality, innovative and secure technology solutions for Gippsland Waterâ€™s internal and external stakeholders.
You will have well developed problem solving skills along with the ability to work with our users to get the best outcomes for all, often on more than one issue or request at a time. You will have the ability to manage multiple time critical priorities and provide technical advice and support to all users at all levels of the organisation.
What youâ€™ll bring
- Demonstrated experience and/or a relevant tertiary qualification in an IT related discipline
- Experience in end user support, including rostered service desk, process improvement, and development of user guides and technical documentation
- Experience in providing support of workstations, mobile devices and IT peripherals
- Ability to liaise and work with a wide range of internal stakeholders including facilitating meetings and workshops to collaboratively deliver projects
- Have an enthusiastic approach to proactively seek, develop and optimize service delivery processes
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills in order to develop and maintain sound working relationships at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to self-manage tasks independently to achieve team deliverables
Finally, our people at Gippsland Water are at the heart of what we do and youâ€™ll understand that building strong working relationships is one of the best ways you can get the best outcomes for all. Our team strives on excellence and have a reputation for providing high quality service across the business.
We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and accrued days off. We understand that Gippsland Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Gippsland Water is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applications from experienced women and men, people with disabilities, LGBTI, ATSI, culturally and ethnically diverse candidates to best represent and engage with communities we live and work in.
How to apply
For specific enquiries relating to this position, please contact Robbie Feil, Service Delivery Coordinator on 0474 002 507.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 13th December 2021.
Before applying for the position applicants should read the position description and included selection criteria. All applicants need to provide a statement addressing all selection criteria along with a copy of your current resume to be considered for this position.
Please note that if you do not fully address the selection criteria you may be excluded from being shortlisted for further progression in the recruitment process.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.