Interventional Neuroradiology Consultant
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: S.A. Health
- Statewide Clinical Support Services – SA Medical Imaging, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Salary: MD02 – $214,433 – $282,546 (p.a.)
- Full Time, Permanent Role
The SAMI consultant interventional neuroradiologist is responsible to the siteâ€™s Campus Clinical Head for delivering Medical Imaging services of the highest possible standard to SAMI patients both in terms of individual performance and by contributing to multi-disciplinary approach to the delivery of patient care, teaching, and research. The incumbent is required to work as part of a multi-disciplinary clinical and academic team.
Specifically, this position is primarily responsible for assisting in the provision of interventional neuroradiology services at RAH Radiology. If the incumbent is a radiologist, it is expected that the incumbent will also provide diagnostic and interventional radiology services outside of interventional neuroradiology when not providing interventional neuroradiology services. These may be restricted to particular areas and may be negotiated with Campus Clinical Head.
Responsibilities of the incumbent include:
- Provision of professional leadership to clinical staff and supervision and teaching of radiology trainees, other staff and medical students.
- Active support and participation in quality improvement and quality assurance activities to ensure safe, appropriate, effective and efficient patient-centred care processes.
- Representing SAMI at campus meetings and liaising with clinicians regarding service provision (for example at hospital clinico-radiology / multidisciplinary team meetings and management team meetings). It is expected that the incumbent will take responsibility for at least one clinicoradiology / multidisciplinary meeting per week.
- A duty to support and encourage team cooperation amongst staff to optimise the level and diagnostic accuracy of the service provided.
At the request of the Campus Clinical Head, the incumbent may provide input into planning and delivering Medical Imaging services (including interventional neuroradiology services) at a variety of SAMI locations.
Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent required. Must have appropriate specialist qualifications and registrable with the Medical Board of Australia as a Medical Practitioner with Specialist registration; or another qualification as defined in the SA Medical Officers Award.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
In addition to the annual salary package we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant Immunisation screening.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 779387
- Telephone: 7074 2081
- Email: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
11.55 pm Friday 17 December 2021
779387 Interventional Neuroradiology Consultant Role Description.pdf