International Nurses and Midwives
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Mercy Health
Salary Packaging, Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
Mercy Hospital for Women, Mercy Mental Health, Werribee Mercy Hospital
Permanent Full Time,Permanent Part Time,Fixed Term Full Time,Fixed Term Part Time
ABOUT THE ROLES:
Mercy Health have a variety of positions available in specialist areas within our Public Hospitals in metropolitan Melbourne. We are excited hear from experienced health professionals returning to Australia, or wishing to work in Australia for the first time.
- Permanent full time positions available, short contracts and part time can be considered
- Registered Nurse positions available in
- Emergency Department at Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Intensive Care Unit at Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Acute Inpatient Unit at Werribee Mercy Hospital (other mental health positions may be available)
- Registered Midwife positions available at both Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Visa sponsorship is available (for eligible applicants)
- $2000 relocation allowance offered (to eligible applicants)
- Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Agency (AHPRA) or In Principle Approval Letter from AHPRA
- At least 2 years experience in the position you are applying for (ICU, Emergency, Mental Health or Midwifery)
- For ICU and Emergency a post graduate in Critical Care Nursing is highly desirable
- For Mental Health a post graduate qualification in Mental Health Nursing is required
- Excellent clinical skills, great communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse, multidisciplinary teams
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing and affordable western suburbs of Melbourne. Werribee lies between the two largest cities in Victoria – Melbourne and Geelong (32 km south-west of Melbourne’s Central Business District). The hospital is within walking distance of Hoppers Crossing Train Station. Onsite car parking is also available. Our services at this hospital include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, paediatric, renal dialysis, emergency, intensive care, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298.
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 3 Specialist Teaching Hospital in obstetrics & gynaecology, neonatology, anaesthetics and gynaecological oncology. We are a specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases. This hospital is located in the leafy suburb of Heidelberg, 18 km north-east of Melbourne’s Central Business District and conveniently directly opposite Heidelberg Train Station.
Mercy Mental Health (South West Area Mental Health Service) is a public mental health service supporting people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also deliver inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than â€˜just a job.â€™ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health – our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health is committed to public health and safety measures that protect the health and lives of our people and the individuals and communities we serve. As a Catholic organisation we believe in the principle of the common good and as such we expect our staff to participate in immunisations/vaccinations to safeguard the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
CONTACT DETAILS: Please submit your application, we will then be in contact to discuss your plans to travel to Australia, Visa requirements, the specific job you have applied forand answer questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Applications Close: 20/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.