Internal Dispute Resolution Coordinator
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Welcome to This Australian Life. We want to ask you, where can we go? Weâ€™re all about our people. From the millions of Australians we protect to those that make it happen every day at TAL. Thatâ€™s how weâ€™ve become a leading Life Insurance Specialist. We want to grow with you. Learn with you. And help you do your best work. You donâ€™t just get a job, you join a team.
As an IDR Coordinator your primary responsibility is to ensure the effective day to day coordination, registration and management of customer complaints received by TAL. This includes complaints received from all TAL customers, Group fund members and related Alliance partners.
What will you be responsible for?
- Ensuring all TAL complaints are resolved quickly, fairly and effectively based on TALâ€™s IDR procedures, ASIC RG165, the Life Insurance Code of Practice and comply with the AS/NZS 10002:2014 Guidelines for Complaint Management in Organizations and ISO 10002:2014 (International Standard)
- Monitoring complaint channels, such as the IDR inbox and incoming telephone calls
- Reviewing, triaging and registering new complaints from the various complaint channels
- Supporting the IDR Specialists, including undertaking initial review of complaint and collating relevant documents/information
- Undertaking thorough and timely investigations of non-complex customer complaints
- Engaging in verbal and written communications with customers, including acting as a contact point for call for escalations and debriefing
- Identifying and reporting systemic issues
- Recording of complaints accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensuring all documentation produced is of a high standard
- Maintaining TAL complaints register
- Contributing to complaints reports
- Providing necessary complaints guidance /training/coaching/feedback to the where required
- Identifying trends to ensure continuous improvements in complaint resolution
- Acting as key liaison with the legal and the risk team
- Acting as a key stakeholder to liaise with the Claims teams to ensure effective and collaborative outcomes
- Identify and analyse root cause of complaints, engage stakeholders on recommendations and drive implementation of continuous improvement activities
What are we looking for?
- Complaints management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resilience, drive and commitment with the ability to work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent analytical, investigation, conciliation, negotiation and numeric skills
- High level analytical ability to understand and assimilate and solve issues quickly
- Ability to think ahead to establish efficient and appropriate actions for self and impart this knowledge to others
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a professional and empathetic manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly functioning team
- Claims experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of regulatory guide 165, consumer protection laws relating to financial products and services, AFCA approaches and relevant industry codes of practice
- An awareness of cultural differences and the ability to identify and assist complainants who need additional assistance
Youâ€™re always accountable for your actions. You never give up. You strive to find the best outcomes for customers and partners. And, you value working together to find the best solutions for problems.
Important to us
Every Australian life is different. And we know the value of having different people from all walks of life with varied points of view.
Work is a big part of life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We offer a workplace thatâ€™s inclusive and flexible, supporting our people with options that let them make the most of their careers. We donâ€™t just say it; we do it.
Letâ€™s see where we can go together.
Doing the right thing
Everyone at TAL has a responsibility to do the right thing and is accountable for the way they conduct themselves. Our expectations are that you follow the principles set out in our Code of Conduct when you come to work every day. Risk management is everyoneâ€™s responsibility.