Integrated Logistic Support Manager
Job Location: Brisbane Western Suburbs & Ipswich
Employer: Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Join the project of your life!
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions – Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
The multi-disciplinary Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) team works as part of the Engineering Department to analyse platform support requirements and design and deliver a Support System that allows our Customer to realise the full potential of the Mission System. With RDA in contract and delivering cutting edge land equipment to the Australian Defence Force, the team is providing a lasting benefit to Australian Defence capability.
About the role
The Integrated Logistic Support Manager (ILSM) is responsible for managing and ensuring delivery of complex ILS project deliveries as identified by contracted AUSDEFCON ILS CDRLs. You will manage a small team of ILS practitioners, coordinating supporting resources and interfacing with Project Management, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, other Rheinmetall business functions and the Customer in order to deliver ILS products in line with the project schedule and budget.
As Integrated Logistic Support Manager you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Perform ILS functional lead for the Support System design, development, delivery and sustainment;
- Determine, track and resource the project ILS deliverables as detailed in the contracted AUSDEFCON SoW and CDRL Annexes;
- Identify, coordinate and manage delivery of ILS inputs into other Engineering and Project deliverables;
- Liaise and interface with Project Management in order to ensure ILS deliverables are aligned with the project schedule;
- Maintain deliverable and work package scheduling and tracking to ensure compliance with deliverable milestones and oversee review and release approvals;
- Ensure ILS involvement in informing Mission System design as part of managing lifecycle cost for the Customer;
- Coordinate and task allocate your allocated ILS workforce in order to efficiently and effectively meet ILS deliverable timelines;
- Review and monitor resource allocation and skillset requirements to ensure resourcing is sufficient to meet milestones;
- Manage Cost Account and other resource delegations within Project approvals;
- Oversee the performance of duties, capacity and development of all direct reports. This includes managing daily execution of work packages and administration of subordinate needs;
- Identify, assess and address any areas of ILS project under-performance and develop methods to recover or improve project performance; and
- Ensure all ILS project reporting requirements, both internal and external, are managed and completed in accordance with schedule and other reporting timelines.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- A high level of self-motivation and ability to work under limited supervision to achieve directed project/capability outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in Integrated Logistic Support;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team of ILS discipline specialists;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality logistics documentation to enable the project to attain IMR, IOC, FMR and FOC on time and budget;
- Previous experience with an Integrated Master Scheduling tool such as Open Plan Professional;
- Work within a framework of legislation, established principles, work practices and procedures;
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with a focus on stakeholder engagement and management;
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally when required; and
- Currently hold or meet the criteria to gain NV1 Australian Security Clearance (You MUST be an Australian Citizen).
What’s on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 2 December 2021
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Tali Butler on 0428 881 736 and quote REF#AU00511.