Information Communication Technology (ICT) Technician
Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Company: Eckhold Technologies Pty Ltd
$90,000 – $129,999 + Ute + Laptop + Phone
About the Company:
Eckhold Technologies is a privately owned Information and Communication Technology company with offices in both Gladstone and Mackay, Queensland. We provide products and services to clients in the mining and industrial sectors. Eckhold Technologies has an excellent customer service reputation and the successful applicant will be expected to further enhance this at every opportunity.
About the role:
We’re currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated and experienced Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Technician to join our team. Eckhold Technologies’ have offices in Gladstone and Mackay; however, this role is based mainly on customer sites within the Central Queensland mining industry. You will need to be flexible to travel between different customer sites when required. Familiarity with the QLD mining industry would be an advantage and your commitment to safety and quality will be paramount. The successful applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination including a drug and alcohol screen.
As an ICT Technician, you will be required to install, maintain, program and provide technical support for ICT equipment and infrastructure. The successful applicant will have an ability to be self-managed, resourceful and persistent as well as have drive, determination and a logical approach to ensure servicing is conducted in an efficient and safe manner.
- Scope and design communications and technology solutions
- Install and maintain communications and technology systems/equipment
- Provide technical support for communications and technology equipment and infrastructure
- Configure and test communications and technology devices
- Liaise with our customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Conduct accurate and detailed job and project record keeping
- Complete job risk assessments (Take5, SLAM, JRA, JSA etc) and conduct all work in a safe manner
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with Communications, IT/IM and CCTV infrastructure/equipment
- Thorough understanding/experience of IP based networks
- Understanding of Microwave based radio systems PtP, PtMP, Mesh etc
- Understanding of AC and DC power systems
- A current manual driver’s licence and the ability to travel as required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and software
- Communications Trade Certificate(s)
- Information Technology Certificate(s)
- Copper and Fibre Optic cabling experience
- Wireless Communications experience
- CCTV and Access Control experience
- IT Support experience
- Job scope and quoting experience
- Working at Heights certificate
- Elevated Work Platform License
- Tower Rescue
- ACMA Open Cable Registration
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11
What we offer:
Eckhold Technologies provide a professional, friendly and diverse work environment which values skills and hard work. We offer industry competitive salary packages and benefits as well as flexible working rosters. We believe investing in our team is essential and offer in-house and external training opportunities for growth, development and career progression.
Only eligible and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.