In-House Corporate M&A Lawyer Role (6-10 PQE) (FT/PT)
Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Company: Eaton Strategy & Search
Please contact Najeeb on 0401 803 700
About the Company
My client is a de-facto in-house legal team for numerous businesses. The company is extremely successful and are growing at a fast pace. The company is made up of a friendly team of experienced in-house lawyers.
About the Position
Due to increased growth, my client has created a new, permanent position for a Corporate M&A lawyer. In the role, you will offer in-house legal services, but not for one company but many businesses across numerous industries. This is not a traditional law firm role and there are no time sheets or billings.
In the role, you will offer in-house legal services and advise on private M&A, corporate governance and compliance, ESOPs/LTIs, shareholder agreements, fundraising and ASX Listing Rules.
The role offers ultimate flexibility. You can work from their office in the Sydney CBD or from home every day (even after the lockdowns end). You can, also, work remotely from any city in Australia.
We are seeking someone with:
- 6-10 years of post-admission experience in corporate law and mergers & acquisitions.
- Experience gained at a top-tier or mid-tier firm or a reputable in-house team.
- Previous in-house or secondment experience is highly desirable, but not absolutely necessary.
- Ability to provide clear and concise legal advice. No ‘black letter’ law.
- Strong commercial acumen. Ability to further develop client relationships.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced corporate lawyer with in-house experience that wants to work in a growing professional services company. You will be passionate about providing high quality, timely and practical advice to clients.