Human Resources – Resourcing Advisor
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Permanent role with top tier benefits
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join Australia’s largest law firm and be part of a high performing Talent team. If you are passionate about building your career in HR & Recruitment, this is a great opportunity to work within a friendly, cohesive and fun team. Every day is a learning opportunity in a varied, dynamic and busy role.
As a firm we are focused on creating lasting impacts with our clients, our people and our communities. We understand the high standards we set ourselves in a top tier law firm means that we are constantly challenged to deliver our best and to champion innovation and process improvement, and to provide an exceptional candidate experience.
The Resourcing Advisor role is a new role within the lateral Resourcing Team. Driven to provide a great candidate experience for any prospective MinterEllison employees, you will be an active role model and ambassador for the firm. Supporting resourcing activity across legal and broader professional areas you will take end to end responsibility for a variety of roles across the team. A fantastic opportunity to learn and develop, you will have the support and coaching of a group of experienced resourcers who you will support with resourcing planning and strategic recruitment activities.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Support Resourcing Leads in the recruitment of high calibre candidates for the firm;
- Drive ‘best in class’ recruitment and resourcing solutions to ensure effective, efficient and pro-active recruitment of the market’s most sought after candidates;
- Support Resourcing Leads with internal resourcing solutions, identifying available support across the firm and maintaining pools of resources that can be quickly deployed to areas of need;
- Demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s policies, purpose and objectives to act at all times with the highest ethical and professional standards;
- Drive our commitment to diversity and inclusion in all recruitment activity;
- Work with Resourcing Leads and hiring managers to find innovative/creative sourcing solutions;
- Assist Resourcing Leads to develop and ultimately execute talent pipelines in their Line of Business;
- Embrace the use of recruitment technology solutions in end-to-end recruitment practices (eg; LinkedIn Recruiter, HireVue video interviewing and xRef reference checking);
- Work with Resourcing Leads and hiring managers to develop appropriate and creative selection methodologies to ensure rigorous assessment of technical skills and behavioural traits;
- Providing an exceptional candidate experience that aligns to the purpose and values of the firm;
- Effective stakeholder management with Resourcing Leads and hiring managers throughout the life cycle of the recruitment process to keep them well informed of progress and initiatives;
- Assist the Resourcing Leads in the preparation and roll out of resourcing plans to ensure the recruitment needs of respective teams are identified and anticipated at an early stage;
- Develop enduring relationships and strong networks with our Alumni, highly sought after candidates, key recruitment agencies and professional search organisations;
- Participate in various Talent projects and initiatives and actively participate in Talent meetings;
- Be proactive in suggesting process improvements and update processes, precedents, forms and checklists as required;
- Provide support for specific projects and processes as required from time to time and other ad hoc duties as required.
- 12-18 months experience in recruiting professionals (in-house or agency), with legal experience desirable;
- Close attention to detail, first class organisational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task;
- A strong, proactive client service focus;
- Resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own;
- Sound knowledge of human resources and recruitment practices, and a comprehensive understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment in which a human resources function operates;
- Possesses problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to make sound judgements and provide advice to hiring managers around recruitment decisions;
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, and the confidence to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Ability to build rapport and create strong positive relationships with the team and stakeholders;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Uses initiative to suggest ideas and solutions;
- Empathy and calmness under pressure.
- A keen interest in pursuing a HR career.
WHO WE ARE
MinterEllison employees enjoy a culture of collaboration, innovation and inspiration which allows them to bring the best of themselves and to perform at their best every day.
We make diversity in all its forms central to collaboration. We know that when we bring together diversity of thinking, skills, experience, gender identity, backgrounds and orientations, we get better results. This is why we offer agile and alternative working options to encourage balance, wellbeing and support for sustainable ways of working. We also offer a range of social, financial and health benefits, including free gym membership.
HOW TO APPLY
We prefer to deal with you directly, so please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button below. If you would like further information, please contact Lisa Fleming at [email protected] for a confidential discussion.
Agency submissions will not be accepted without prior express approval from the MinterEllison recruitment team. All agency candidates must be submitted through our on-line portal to be valid.