Job Location: Brisbane Northern Suburbs
Employer: ALS Minerals – Geochemistry Services
About the Position
This is a full-time HSE position with responsibilities for assisting with Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) management at the Geochemistry laboratory (located in Stafford) and Preparation facility (located in Zillmere) in Brisbane. The role is designed to support the Geochemistry management team to ensure compliance with safety standards, provide support to site management and staff on matters of HSE Compliance. A â€˜can doâ€™ attitude and the ability to use initiative and work unsupervised is essential. Delivery of HSE program training and a passion to make â€˜safety a priorityâ€™ are a key requirement of this role.
Position duties will include:
- Provide support to management and staff.
- Undertake HSE inspections.
- Conduct incident investigations & develop corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Participate and manage various administrative roles for the HSE Coordinator.
- Assist in the management of environmental programs.
- Conducting and coordinating HSE training to staff.
- Managing and developing risk assessments.
- Injury prevention and management.
- Promote and reinforce a positive safety culture.
- Facilitate open communication with staff and management on HSE issues.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and other external bodies when required.
Please could you address the selection criteria above in your covering letter.
To be considered for this position due to business growth you will possess an eye for detail, be of an outgoing nature, enthusiastic and goal driven. You will also possess good verbal and written communication skills and a qualification, certificate and at least one yearsâ€™ experience in an Occupational Health and Safety position. Computer proficient with respect to e-mail, MS Word and Excel, Experience in incident investigations, risk assessments and auditing and the ability to build rapport at all levels of the organisation would be the desired pre-requisites.
Benefits & Culture
At ALS we believe that the people we employ are what makes ALS the great company it is today. We offer many benefits to staff, including and not limited to:
- Health fund discounts with Bupa
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice car costs with Autopia
- Corporate superannuation benefits with Sun Super
- On-line learning system with extensive modules of choice
- Friendly working environment with accessible management
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career within ALS including global opportunities for suitable candidates
We actively support a diverse workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Looking for further details?
Applications covering relevant qualifications and any related experience will be treated with the strictest confidence, and should be submitted via the link above.
Applications close 24 December 2021