House Manager, Rutherford
Job Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Employer: Disability Services Australia Ltd (Administrators Appointed)
Disability Services Australia provide pathways for people with a disability into independent accommodation (SIL) and employment (mainstream and supported).
Our priority is the wellbeing of our participants. To ensure continuity of services for our participants, our administrators, KPMG recently accepted an offer to purchase DSA.
About the role:
As our House Manager you will oversee daily operations in our shared home. You will lead and supervise a team of Support Workers, engage with family members and stakeholders, and work directly with participants to ensure our participants achieve their goals, remain commented to community, culture and all the things they hold dear.
You will enjoy wraparound support to reduce the admin burden including centralised rostering and a highly experienced, supportive Manager.
This is a full time, permanent position with 2 shifts a week on the floor based in Rutherford supporting participants with complex psychosocial disabilities, history of trauma with behaviours which challenge services.
You enjoy working directly with participants to achieve their goals and have:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting independent living ideally as a senior worker or in a leadership capacity
- Experience with behavioural management plans, restrictive practices and behaviours of concerns
- Ability to have difficult conversations in a direct and respectful manner
- Demonstrated capacity to manage critical issues and deal with challenging situations
- A sound understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding framework
- Minimum Certificate IV in Disability or other relevant tertiary qualifications
- $15,900 Salary Packaging & Meal Entertainment
- Ongoing learning and development to set you up for success
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Join our SIL leadership team as we help shape the future for our participants
- Most importantly a role where you feel you are making a difference everyday!
How to Apply:
To apply online today as we are interviewing shortly.
To work at DSA, the successful applicant must undergo a NDIS Workers Check and a NSW Working with Children Check. It is a requirement under NSW Health for all disability support workers to have had their first vaccination dose or a medical exemption.
DSA is an EEO employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all members of the community. DSA appreciates the time and effort candidates have taken to submit their applications, however, please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted via phone.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.