Home Lending Enquiries Consultants
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
â€¢ Bring your customer service experience and weâ€™ll teach you all about banking
â€¢ Join an organisation with many opportunities and career pathways
â€¢ Build relationships with our customers as you help them achieve their financial goals
About the Role
Location: South Melbourne
Permanent Full Time positions commencing January 2022
This role is required to work from an ANZ workplace. Under the Victorian Governmentâ€™s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, the successful candidate will need to provide evidence that they have received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine by 26 November 2021, or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner, in order to be appointed to the role.
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. Weâ€™re making this happen by improving our customersâ€™ financial wellbeing so they can achieve incredible things â€“ be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
Home Lending Enquiries is the â€œFront Doorâ€ of Home Loans for both the Contact Centre and the broader bank they are often the first contact point for customers wanting a Home Loan through ANZ. Whether they are just looking to see how much they can borrow, borrowing for an investment property or have found their dream home, they ask customers several key questions before referring them to their channel of choice; either ABN, Mobile Lenders or Home Owner Coaches.
Whatâ€™s critical to this role is a focus on customer service. Experience in banking isnâ€™t required and you will be provided with all the tools, knowledge, and support to be successful with ANZ. We offer a robust and informative 5 week training program, with combination of classroom, buddying and practical live call taking. Training will cover ANZ products, system navigation, compliance, regulations and a service/conversation guide to support you to engage with our customers.
What will your day look like?
There is so much variety as a banking consultant and you could be helping our customers by:
- Supporting them through personalised and meaningful conversations to better support their financial well-being
- Educating and empowering customers
- Ensuring they finish the call as strong advocates for ANZ
- Constantly building your skills and banking knowledge through our on-going training
- Building rapport and proactively identifying the customerâ€™s needs through effective questioning techniques.
- Communicating effectively with all customers.
- Taking ownership of customer enquiries and aim to resolve at first point of contact where possible
Whatever the day has in store, youâ€™ll be working with a close knit team that supports each other and celebrates team wins.
What will make you great in this role?
- Being empathetic and customer focused, combined with strong communication skills
- A growth mindset, so youâ€™re eager to learn the fundamentals of banking and to build your career
- Previous customer service experience assisting and supporting customers
- An active user and promoter of technology
- An ability to multi-task and adapt to changing conditions
- A proactive attitude ready to showcase your initiative
At ANZ, everything we do is focused on supporting our customers with their financial wellbeing. When they are thriving, our communities are thriving too.
We are just as committed to supporting our people and giving them the opportunity to develop a career. As one of Australiaâ€™s biggest banks, we have many opportunities in many locations. Joining ANZ is about starting a career, not starting a job and we encourage people to look for opportunities across our bank.
Supporting the wellbeing of our people is also core at ANZ which is why we cherish the people-first culture we are famous for and why the Australian Financial Review rated us the number 1 place to work in the banking and finance industry for 2021. Below are just some of the benefits we reward you with while working with us;
- The ANZ Staff Club: Provides access to discounted gift cards, groceries, fuel, movie tickets, sporting and theatre tickets, accommodation, events, and many other great benefits
- Dress for your day: Make your own decision about what to wear based on what youâ€™re doing that day
- Health insurance discounts
- Health promotion and awareness programs
- On-site wellness center at Melbourne head office and discounted gym memberships.
- Volunteering leave, where you can take one day of paid volunteer leave each year
- Discounts on ANZ products and much more
Being part of ANZ means working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated, creating a great place to belong. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
Ready to build the career in banking you didnâ€™t realise was for you? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers [link removed] to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS143982