Home Care Employee – ALKIRA/ELMDs Centre
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Company: Anglican Care
$23.54 – $25.23 + salary packaging options
Multiple Part Time positions available
Hunter Community Care/Alkira Respite & Day Therapy Centre/East Lake Macquarie Dementia Services (ELMDS)
Monday – Friday, no weekends!
- Do you like making people smile? Make a difference everyday.
- Innovative community and aged care provider operating for over 60 years.
- Salary Packaging Benefits.
At Anglican Care we believe in enhancing the lives of ageing people. As a Home Care Employee you will have the opportunity to do this each and everyday, bringing respect, compassion, integrity and enhancing the wellbeing our residents and consumers.
The team at ALKIRA and ELMDs Day Centers are seeking motivated Home Care Employees, who have;
- demonstrated experience in aged care
- enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- a genuine passion for working with the elderly
The aim of the Community Care Services team, is to co-ordinate a package of home care and services to provide people with choice and flexibility in the way that their care and services are provided to them. Anglican Care also operates the East Lake Macquarie Dementia Service at Belmont and Alkira Respite and Day Therapy Centre at Toronto. The services offer a range of innovative respite, lifestyle, and allied health and therapies to promote healthy ageing.
To be able to apply for this role you will have:
- Certificate III in Aged Care Work or equivalent
- Proven ability to deliver person centre care that respects the dignity and worth of the individual
- Current First Aid Certificate (ongoing requirement)
- Current driver’s licence
- Able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake further training in palliative and dementia care
- Flexibility and the ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- An understanding of safe work practices, proven experience in the use of appropriate manual handling techniques.
At Anglican Care our skilled and caring people are the most important resources we have. We are committed to supporting you through a range of development opportunities to reward your dedication and develop your aged care career.
As part of the recruitment process candidates will be required to undertake a functional assessment including drug and alcohol testing.
Please attach a current resume and covering letter addressing the essential criteria.
Please note as part of Anglican Care’s recruitment process, recommended candidates may be asked to consent to a functional assessment and a national police check.
Samaritans/Anglican Care promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people.