HIP Intake and Fast Track Care Manager
Job Location: Melbourne Northern Suburbs
Employer: Austin Health
Fixed Term Full Time,Fixed Term Part Time
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and highly experienced care manager to join our Central Intake and Fast Track Care Management team, part of the Health Independence Program (HIP). We have 2 fixed term positions (RN Div 1 grade 3B or Allied Health Grade 2), 32 hours a week each until 24th June 2022.
The role includes:
1. Triaging referrals that come through HIP Central Intake. As intake clinician you are responsible for ensuring clients receive the most appropriate HIP service, and for suggesting alternative services as appropriate.
2. As a fast track care manager, you will organise and coordinate short term community-based supports (including community nursing, personal care assistance, physiotherapy, other home support services) to facilitate safe and timely discharge to help our clients recuperate. You will also link clients to ongoing community services as required.
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and energetic team of health professionals.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate/Key responsibilities will include:
– ability to establish rapport with clients and their families.
– knowledge of community services and post-discharge support needs of clients
– great communication skills with all levels of health service staff
– well developed problem solving skills
– ability to work in a high performing multidisciplinary team
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Enquiries: Lee Stamford
Ph: (03) 9496 2663
Applications Close: 28/11/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.