Health, Safety and Environment Advisor (Entry Level)
Job Location: West Gippsland & Latrobe Valley
Employer: RTL Mining and Earthworks
About the Company
RTL is a leading provider of mining, earthworks, civil construction and transport services in the Latrobe Valley and surrounding regions. With over 26 years in business and a respected reputation in the industry.
As a continually evolving company, we are always looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
About the Role
Your role will be focused on providing HSE support at a site and business level, increasing in responsibility as your skills develop. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to elevate their career, or get a kick-start in mining, construction, and road transport.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the HSE Manager to understand and assist in the development and implementation of the health, safety & environmental management databases, systems, policies, and procedures
- Assist in contractor compliance processes
- Work with our site-based teams to develop, implement and review SWMS, risk assessments and site HSE plans
- Participate in HSE inspections and observations with our site-based teams
- Perform HSE administrative tasks
Skills and Experience
- Certificate IV in WHS / OHS (desirable â€“ training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Previous experience in safety administration (desirable)
- A keen and enthusiastic learner with a genuine interest in Work Health & Safety
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Proficient in computer packages, especially Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Office 365) with good data entry and typing skills
- Skilled professionals passionate about safety who are looking for a career change are encouraged to apply
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical, psychometric evaluation and a drug and alcohol screening.
RTL Mining and Earthworks celebrates and embraces diversity across our business and is committed to equal employment opportunities. We encourage female candidates and candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Worker) Directions issued by the Victorian Government apply to Authorised Workers. As such, candidates will be required to make information about their COVID-19 vaccination status available upon request.