Health Administration Assistant
LifeWorks (formerly SMG Health) are looking for a high performing team member who is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives through innovative and dynamic workplace health programs.
LifeWorks deliver outcomes-based workplace health programs designed to empower people to take control of their health. Our holistic programs and services help people make better health decisions, not only in their workplace but across all aspects of their lives. LifeWorks provide workplace programs including health checks, vaccinations, skin checks, EAP mental health services and group training.
A new contract position is available as an administration assistant for our vaccination services.
The role, based in the Melbourne CBD, involves assisting the nursing team and office team in the preparation and provision of our workplace vaccination clinics.
At this time, the role is anticipating to last at least 3 months (October – December 2021), but with a good likelihood to extend to June 2022.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- To effectively assist vaccination coordinators in all aspects of their program delivery
- To handle customer queries via telephone and email in a timely and professional manner
- To assist in the organisation of vaccination sessions in line with client briefing and expectations
- To liaise with the vaccination coordinators on staffing requirements, nurse schedules, marketing material and booking system requirements
- To ensure compliance with cold chain management and the provision of all nurse equipment requirements
- To liaise with the immunisation nurses and health consultants on shift allocation and provision of clinic information and compliance with state regulations.
- Complete reporting requirements, inventory control and data collection within protocol
- Accurate and organised data tracking and reporting
- Assist nurses with the pick-up and drop-off of supplies at the beginning and end of weekdays
- When required, provide additional office support work to the wider business
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a health related field (e.g. health science, exercise, nutrition, nursing etc)
- COVID-19 vaccination training (free Government course)
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office programs, e.g. Word, Excel,Outlook
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of project management processes.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Strong skills to communicate with people from a wide range of occupational groups.
- Effective communication skills with key stakeholders and the ability to identify and respond to client requirements.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
Job Type and Category
This is a casual role, perfect for someone looking to gain experience in the health industry or further their knowledge. The suitable candidate will need to be available to work at least 3 days per week between Monday and Friday. The role will commence shortly for the successful candidate at the end of September 2021.