Head of Technical Operations
Job Location: Perth Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
Employer: Source Certain International
Source Certain International is a leading technology business offering key services across mineral chemistry and beneficiation, analytical measurement, forensic science, geochemical exploration, and food chemistry. Our team also delivers scientific provenance verification services to customers around Australia and internationally. Consumers have a growing expectation that the products they buy are ethically and sustainably sourced. These two fundamental principles, amongst others in the Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) framework, are critical to maintaining a license to operate for all major product-producing brands and global retailers. Our technology allows our customers to prove the integrity of their ESG commitments by scientifically verifying a productâ€™s origin to a discrete source; a pond (aquaculture), pipe (diamonds), farm (beef, pork, poultry), mine (critical minerals & metals) or plantation (palm oil, textiles, forest products).
At an exciting time in its history and with the evolving nature of ESG responsibilities, Source Certain International is looking to expand our team of qualified scientists or experienced professionals in Perth’s northern suburbs.
We are seeking an energetic, hands-on, and proactive technical specialist, with chromatography and mass spectrometry experience who is keen to join our team in a permanent full-time role and is up for an exciting challenge.
This role will be responsible for the new technology and instrumentation laboratory that will house all of Source Certainâ€™s analytical equipment. This is an integral role in developing and maintaining a system to effectively operate and manage laboratory equipment, to ensure Source Certainâ€™s quality and project delivery objectives are met through the efficient and effective operation of the laboratory facility.
The following reflects some typical activities and key accountabilities that are expected of the successful applicant;
- Oversee setup of new instrument laboratory at Source Certain head office.
- Coordinate the relocation of the existing laboratory equipment.
- Manage all aspects of the Instrument Laboratory – instrumentation includes but is not limited to ICP-MS, ICP-AES, LA-ICP-MS, FT-IR, HPLC, LC-MSMS, GC-MS, XRD, SEM, EDX-XRF, IR-MS, Discrete Analyser.
- Assisting the Execution Team on analytical method research, development, and validation for food and non-food samples.
- Assisting the Execution Team with project design and management for international programs undertaken with our global regulatory partners.
- Supporting the Execution team in the acquisition of new equipment and assessing efficacy of the proposed equipment.
- Rapidly respond to unplanned maintenance activities and perform or oversee required maintenance and servicing.
- Recommend, implement and evaluate laboratory equipment maintenance policies, procedures, methods, and standards to increase overall reliability and uptime of laboratory equipment.
- Driving continuous improvements in laboratory operations and, where necessary, in collaboration with the E&T team.
- Be familiar with laboratory LIMS and internal CRM (appropriate training will be provided).
- Work to Company Values at all times.
- Be acutely aware of Health & Safety policies and laboratory safety rules.
- Carry out all their activities in compliance with the companyâ€™s quality ethos, Source Certainâ€™s quality assurance and safety standards, and in compliance with the regulatory requirements (e.g. NATA, ISO, Biosecurity).
Our ideal candidate will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an analytical laboratory management role.
- Proven hands-on experience with mass spectrometric, atomic emission, chromatographic, and microscopy systems with a strong instrument understanding, hands-on experience, and working ability to maintain, manage and configure laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Strong organizational skills to deliver prompt results.
- Excellent and positive communication skills and work ethic.
- Ability to maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Ability to learn new software e.g Google suite
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive approach to regulatory requirements.
Source Certain International values people who are innovative, high-performing, and collaborative.
Remuneration is negotiable and will be based on the experience and capability of the successful candidate.
Please include a cover letter with your resume in your application and address the following questions;
Please best describe your right to work in Australia?
Have you completed a qualification in science?
Have you worked in a role that requires a sound understanding of ISO 17025?
Do you have experience managing a variety of analytical instruments?
In order to be considered, please submit your CV by clicking the â€œApplyâ€ button below.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via the email address provided. Be sure to check your inbox and spam periodically.
Direct applicants only – we will not be accepting agency referred applications.