Head of Strategy and Architecture
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Australian Institute of Company Directors
The Australian Institute of Company Directors is committed to strengthening society through world-class governance. We aim to be the independent and trusted voice of governance, building the capability of a community of leaders for the benefit of society. Our membership of more than 47,000 includes directors and senior leaders from business, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Information Officer, the Head of Strategy and Architecture leads the development and adoption of the digital strategy and architecture required to cultivate stronger digital, data and technology capability and performance, which are essential to the success of the AICDâ€™s strategic vision.
It is an exciting time to join the Australian Institute of Company Directors. We have significant innovations underway and are changing our ways of working which will combine to enhance our member experience.
As Head of Strategy & Architecture, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, leading, and governing the digital strategy and architectural roadmap, leading the architecture team, collaborating with key stakeholders (including the digital team, product managers and functional leadership) to ensure that the delivery of the digital strategy is effective, sustainable and supports the AICDâ€™s strategic plan.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to innovate, maturing current state architecture, defining clear standards, systems, and processes. Identifying and managing risks, challenges, and opportunities.
- Lead, drive and support culture of continuous improvement across all architecture disciplines within Digital, where the performance and potential of people is maximised. Manage and recommend expenditure and contribute to the development of business cases.
- Chair the Architecture Review Board and ensure proposed solutions are compliant with the digital strategy and target-state architectural models. Work across specialised architecture disciplines to support the success of complex, cross functional projects.
- Develop a technology and value driven digital strategy to elevate digital capability, agility, performance, and ultimately customer experience.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a similar related field.
- 10 years of extensive experience working with, developing, and implementing complex digital strategies and enterprise digital architecture programs.
- TOGAF Certification or similar.
- Proven thought leadership in innovative and agile digital strategies.
- Proven ability in translating complex digital strategies into clear actionable plans.
- Deep knowledge and application of enterprise architecture across solutions, infrastructure, data, security, and related areas of technical architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate the customer experience and develop highly effective digital strategies and architecture to support customer-centricity.
- Extensive experience in stakeholder engagement and internal and/or external consultation.
- Extensive understanding of how digital architecture can contribute to the success of an organisation.
- Expert level knowledge of architecture, systems engineering, application design and integration.
- Proven leadership experience including driving change through effective people management, guidance, and coaching.
What We Offer:
We equip our people to succeed at AICD through our highly regarded learning and education programs. We have a range of attractive benefits designed to support and reward your career and lifestyle.