Head of Retail Stores
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Private Advertiser
- Entrepreneurial mid-market retailer
- Growth strategy
- Generous remuneration package
We are a customer-centric retail organisation with revenue over $800m. Focused on exceeding customer expectations, we have developed multiple category leadership positions and as such, we are looking to appoint a highly capable Head of Stores to drive a large national store rollout. We are also expanding rapidly in the online space to capture additional market penetration & scale.
We are looking for an experienced, commercial, driven Head of Stores to join our team in a newly created role. The role will be responsible for looking after strategic execution and the operations of retail functions, working in tandem with a significant e-commerce platform.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate store pro who brings broad generalist experience. This role will see you responsible for managing the Retail Operations function including hands-on BAU & process, as well as growth and maximising commercial opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Owning the execution of our retail operations rollout plans, your role will focus on:
- Business Growth
- Work with the leadership team to develop long and short term rollout plans to achieve the rollout objectives of the business, delivering commercial solutions and innovative outcomes
- Ensure appropriate plans are tenaciously executed to facilitate growth
- Business Management
- Work with department heads to establish targets and goals for the retail operations function
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and clients
- Operational Management
- Management and operational responsibility for retail functions
- Financial Management
- Evaluate operational costs and overheads to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability
- Ensure sound financial management by sticking to budgets and operations planning processes
- People Leadership & Development
- Support, coach, motivate and engage the team to be high performers and actively recruit and induct new team members
Skills & Experience required:
- Extensive experience in the retail sector with a successful track record in driving an organisationâ€™s operations
- Leadership and management expertise with commercial acumen and the ability to identify opportunities and problems, as well as developing plans and strategic initiatives
- Outstanding planning, business and operations skills
- Ability to work in a flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to demonstrate tenacity and resourcefulness
If this role sounds like you and youâ€™d like to know more, please click Apply to share your CV and background with us. We appreciate your interest, and please note only successful candidates will be contacted.